Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Four:…

Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Four: The Battle of the Labyrinth… (edition 2009)

by Rick Riordan (Author)

When demonic cheerleaders invade his high school, Percy Jackson hurries to Camp Half Blood, from whence he and his demigod friends set out on a quest through the Labyrinth, while the war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near.
Member:Thenewschool
Title:Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Four: The Battle of the Labyrinth (Cover May Vary)
Authors:Rick Riordan (Author)
Info:Disney-Hyperion (2009), Edition: 4, 400 pages

Work Information

The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

The Odyssey by Homer (Jitsusama)
    Jitsusama: An ancient classic revolving around Greek Myth. A great help to better understand the mythology of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
    D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths by Ingri d'Aulaire (saltypepper)
    saltypepper: More accessible than Homer for younger and/or reluctant readers, plus beautifully illustrated.
    The Iliad by Homer (Jitsusama)

My book must have gotten wet or it was just a poor binding because it would crinkle every time I turned the page. Kind of distracting but definitely not the author's fault! I enjoyed this book too! Just when I think I have the whole Percy Jackson story line predicted, it changes. I like that in a book. This story takes you to an underground labyrinth that keeps changing. Some of the same characters of course are back but some of the typically lesser ones have a more prominent role. Bigger monsters in this one and a pretty decent battle scene. Just one more PJ book after this one? Hmmmm..... ( )
  BarbF410 | May 22, 2022 |
An interesting story ( )
  Bookslesstravelled | Apr 15, 2022 |
1.5 stars
Disappointing and weak book, particularly for this series.
The book did not make me care about anything, I was bored while reading it and the title is misleading. The labyrinth barely appears. ( )
  crazynerd | Mar 30, 2022 |

This was the only book in the series that the library had on its shelf so I just decided to jump into the fourth of book in the series. Figured that someone would weave modern life with Greek mythology and when I saw a movie is to be made based on these books, I wanted to check out the book before the bandwagon got too big.

I found the book in the teen section and it's definitely aimed for the younger reader. It's an enjoyable, simplistic ride for the most part. The book does leave a lot to the imagination and leaves the reader wanting some more. Even though characters die, its light-hearted tone will appease to a lot of people. ( )
  wellington299 | Feb 19, 2022 |
Battle of The Labyrinth pros; Dream team is back together (Annabeth, Grover, and Percy), Nico and Rachel are there figuring out their paths in life, funny and emotional. Cons; Deadalus is there, who I kinda irrationally hate. I dont know where this dislike comes from, other characters are much more evil and/or annoying, but I just hate him forever. Still a great book though, and contains one of the better prophesies. ( )
  mutantpudding | Dec 26, 2021 |

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Becky, who always leads me through the maze.
The last thing I wanted to do on my summer break was blow up another school.
This LT work is the fourth volume (of five) in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.

Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears on campus, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to worse.

In this fourth installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half-Blood grows more vulnerable by the minute as Kronos's army prepares to invade its once impenetrable borders. To stop the invasion, Percy and his demigod friends must set out on a quest through the Labyrinth -- a sprawling underground world with stunning surprises at every turn.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,805,038 books! | Top bar: Always visible