Goldeneye by John Gardner

The first actual James Bons book I've read. This one of course, not by Ian Fleming as the originals were, but by those who did the screen play for the movie. Not a bad book, a very fast ready and very true to the movie due to how it was written. I'm mostly left wondering if the ones Ian Flemming did before the movies were made were even better than the movies. ( )
  dbhutch | Nov 6, 2010 |
Goldeneye is another epic tale of the 007 legend, James Bond. In this book, James Bond and his partner, Alec Trevelyan, are required to save the world from another evil scheme. Bond must undertake impossible tasks to stop the enemy from using a diabolical satellite which will disable all electronics in London. Bond and his partner infiltrate a research facility to gather more information about this evil plot. James is later betrayed by Alec, who happens to be a rouge agent who was trying to sabotage M16.

This was a very interesting book that was full thrilling action and detailed scenes. Bond battles his way through military archives and enemy headquarters to stop the satellite from destroying all electronics. Bond is faced with many difficulties as he is betrayed by his close partner, Alec Trevelyan. This book is finally ended on a large satellite dish where Alec and Bond have an epic battle for their lives. The result of this battle was very predictable and we always knew that James Bond was going kill Trevelyan and escape the scene in an extraordinary fashion (he jumped off an exploding platform and just managed to grab onto the landing rails of passing helicopter).

Although I have watched the movie and played the exciting game of Goldeneye, I was compelled to buy the Goldeneye book because I wanted to know if the book was as exciting as watching the action packed movie or the stimulating game. In my opinion, the book was very similar to the movie and while reading the book, I was able to understand the story-line better and this made the book so much more exciting and more compelling to read. I especially enjoyed the action scenes of this book because after watching the movie, I was able to create a detailed picture of every chapter that I read, and it was very enjoyable.

I think that the book was very good but the James bond series is more enjoyable as a movie or game, because the books action scenes are nowhere near as exhilarating as the explosive action scenes in the movie. This book was still very enjoyable and I enjoyed reading it. ( )
  AEbert | Oct 3, 2010 |
His head seemed to explode.

Xenia was KGB, but her new master is Janus. Janus's ambitions are money and power, his methods are theft and murder. But James Bond has become his most determined enemy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,402,249 books! | Top bar: Always visible