Frostbite by Richelle Mead

Frostbite (edition 2008)

by Richelle Mead (Author)

Series: Vampire Academy (2)

While on a school skiing trip, guardian-in-training Rose faces everything from misunderstandings between friends to fights among factions of Moroi as reports of horrific Strigoi attacks raise tensions, ultimately leading Rose and some of those closest to her into a battle that teaches her much about life, death, and love.… (more)
Member:jenniferlhewitt
Title:Frostbite
Authors:Richelle Mead (Author)
Info:Razorbill (2008), 352 pages

Work Information

Frostbite by Richelle Mead

English (149)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (151)
Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy is one of the best YA vampire series I have read. I was completely invested in the characters and the story from the first page. The writing style engaged me and followed plenty of plot twists without getting overly complicated. The ending was expected but how the author gets you there is completely not. I highly recommend anything Richelle Mead writes. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
Frostbite is the 2nd book in the Vampire Academy series. It follows Rose, Lissa, and the gang as they all go stay at a ski lodge, from there, things get pretty interesting.

There's more strigoi attacks as well as new characters, Janine Hathaway, being Rose's Mother as well as Adrian Ivashkov, a vampire that's under the Morori bloodline.

The dynamic mother-daughter relationship between Rose and Janine was very well done from start to finish, also there's some character development with Rose throughout the novel.

Plus there's a love triangle type of thing going on it WAS a love square until Mason died between Dimitri, Rose, and Adrian. I'm curious to see how it's executed in the next couple of novels.

Overall, 5 out of 5 stars-the sequel definitely stepped up from the first book. ( )
  Xftg133 | Jun 8, 2021 |
3.5 stars ( )
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
3.25*
I didn't enjoy this second book in the Vampire Academies Series as much as the first. I feel like there was more action in the first that kept me hanging on for more and kept me reading as I learned more about the various characters.

This second installment felt like nothing was happening and as though there was just build-up for future books in the series. I liked meeting a few new characters whom I'm sure will play more major roles in future books, but it wasn't until about the last 25% of the book that I actually felt compelled to just sit and continue to read. And yes, it was because there was action and excited in the last 25% of the book.

I feel like the growth that Rose showed in the book also happened in the last 25% of book as well and I really liked that development that I saw. There was also growth in a few of the other characters from St. Vlad's school as well, but they weren't necessarily characters that I truly was wanting to see growth in. I am excited to see what kind of future classes St. Vlad's will be having based on certain events that happened within this book. Those should make for some potentially awesome classes.

All in all, this book felt a little like a filler book, but I greatly enjoyed the last 25% of the book which definitely made up for the first half or so. ( )
  courty4189 | Mar 24, 2021 |
Rating 4/5

"Little dhampir…"

My, oh my. Now, how could one resist the charm of the mouth-watering Adrian? I think it’s still early to fall deeply in love with him as does half (or more) the female reading community. But it’s just a matter of time before it happens to me if Mead makes him more present in the next books.
  Ash600 | Mar 19, 2021 |
For Kat Richardson, who is very wise.
Things die.

During winter break at St. Vladimir's, the school is on high alert due to a Strigoi attack, so Rose does not feel like celebrating. And besides battling with the enemy, Rose has to deal with friendships and romances that are far from running smoothly.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,322,535 books! | Top bar: Always visible