Green Eggs and Ham by Dr.Seuss

Green Eggs and Ham (edition 1960)

by Dr.Seuss (Author)

Member:SteppLibrary
Title:Green Eggs and Ham
Authors:Dr.Seuss (Author)
Info:Beginner Books/Random House (1960), Edition: 1st, 65 pages

Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

English (573)  Spanish (1)  All languages (574)
This is a classical tale of Sam who does not like green eggs and ham. This is a great book for early childhood students. This book has a language cap to make it simple for students who are developing vocabulary. It is a fun rhyming book that tells a short classic tale that is fun for everybody. ( )
  towsonspark23 | Dec 3, 2018 |
Picture book. This classic rhyming book is about a grump man who hates this guy named Sam because he's always trying to make him eat green eggs and ham. This guy goes all out in trying to avoid Sam, yet his attempts prove unsuccessful and eventually tries it. Much to his surprise he ends up loving green eggs and ham just like Sam. ( )
  Nick1009 | Dec 2, 2018 |
When I was a child I read this story, along with many other Dr. Seuss books very frequently. Out of all of them, however, this story and One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue fish were my all time favorites by this author. This story was also one that I began to have memorized because of how frequently I would read it. At times when I got more proficient with my reading skills I would try and read this book as fast as I possibly could just for fun and to see how fast I could do it. Therefore, I wanted to read this book again as an adult and for my reading records. Although I loved this story as a child, I cannot not say I still loved it as much as an adult. As I was reading through it I began to find it annoying and hard to get through. I think this is due to the repetitiveness and the nonsense plot line this story has. Overall, this is one of the books that did not have the same effect on me as an adult as it did when I was a kid. ( )
  cconsolian | Nov 29, 2018 |
Great book especially for a read aloud. The illustrations are great and the rhyming keeps the reader entertained throughout the whole book. One of my favorite Dr. Seuess books. ( )
  bhammant | Nov 28, 2018 |
great book to show repition and trying new things. ( )
  coreylee75 | Nov 27, 2018 |

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionscalculated
Geisel, Theodor S. Geisel and Aurdry S.secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Seuss, Theodorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Suess, Tedsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I am Sam.
Do you like green eggs and ham?
I do not like them, Sam-I-am. I do not like green eggs and ham.

He does not like them, Sam I am, Oh wait he does like green eggs and ham. (neverstopreading)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800168, Hardcover)

This timeless Dr. Seuss classic was first published in 1960, and has been delighting readers ever since. Sam-I-am is as persistent as a telemarketer, changing as many variables as possible in the hopes of convincing the nameless skeptic that green eggs and ham are a delicacy to be savored. He tries every manner of presentation with this "nouveau cuisine"--in a house, with a mouse, in a box, with a fox, with a goat, on a boat--to no avail. Then finally, finally the doubter caves under the tremendous pressure exerted by the tireless Sam-I-am. And guess what? Well, you probably know what happens, but even after reading Green Eggs and Ham the thousandth time, the climactic realization that green eggs and ham are "so good, so good, you see" is still a rush. As usual, kids will love Dr. Seuss's wacky rhymes and whimsical illustrations--and this time, they might even be so moved as to finally take a taste of their broccoli. (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:30 -0400)

In verse, Sam-I-am tells of the virtues of green eggs and ham.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,746,837 books! | Top bar: Always visible