Green Eggs and Ham by Dr.Seuss

Green Eggs and Ham (edition 1960)

by Dr.Seuss (Author)

Member:SteppLibrary
Title:Green Eggs and Ham
Authors:Dr.Seuss (Author)
Info:Beginner Books/Random House (1960), Edition: 1st, 65 pages

Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

English (539)  Spanish (1)  All (540)
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | May 17, 2018 |
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | May 16, 2018 |
This is a classic. This book is a book that will automatically draw the attention of any young elementary student. The title rhymes and students love rhymes. The odd combination of green eggs and ham makes the student want to find out what the book is about. There is a great opportunity for lessons in rhyming and patterns from this book. I would have students create an odd combination like green eggs and ham, making a rhyme out of it. ( )
  Nicolefern | Apr 23, 2018 |
This book is about Sam who is trying to get his friend to eat green eggs and ham. Younger elementary students would find this book enjoyable because of all the repetition and rhyming that goes along with it. Teachers can use this book to show rhyming words. ( )
  LyndsayGagner | Apr 23, 2018 |
At beginning of the story sam is very persistent when asking the other character if he likes green eggs and ham persistently. The other character does-not like them anywhere but in the end of the story he tries them and begins to like them. ( )
  zmercado | Apr 22, 2018 |
I am Sam.
Do you like green eggs and ham?
I do not like them, Sam-I-am. I do not like green eggs and ham.

He does not like them, Sam I am, Oh wait he does like green eggs and ham. (neverstopreading)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800168, Hardcover)

This timeless Dr. Seuss classic was first published in 1960, and has been delighting readers ever since. Sam-I-am is as persistent as a telemarketer, changing as many variables as possible in the hopes of convincing the nameless skeptic that green eggs and ham are a delicacy to be savored. He tries every manner of presentation with this "nouveau cuisine"--in a house, with a mouse, in a box, with a fox, with a goat, on a boat--to no avail. Then finally, finally the doubter caves under the tremendous pressure exerted by the tireless Sam-I-am. And guess what? Well, you probably know what happens, but even after reading Green Eggs and Ham the thousandth time, the climactic realization that green eggs and ham are "so good, so good, you see" is still a rush. As usual, kids will love Dr. Seuss's wacky rhymes and whimsical illustrations--and this time, they might even be so moved as to finally take a taste of their broccoli. (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:30 -0400)

In verse, Sam-I-am tells of the virtues of green eggs and ham.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,414,940 books! | Top bar: Always visible