Jesus calling : enjoying peace in His…

Jesus calling : enjoying peace in His presence : devotions for every day… (original 2004; edition 2004)

by Sarah Young

Member:stpetelibrary
Title:Jesus calling : enjoying peace in His presence : devotions for every day of the year
Authors:Sarah Young
Info:Nashville : Integrity Publishers, c2004.
Collections:Newly-added books
Tags:Devotional calendars, Devotional literature English

Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young (2004)

Jesus, Your ways are perfect; they are past finding out. ( )
  smallself | Sep 13, 2019 |
Teens today are busy, homework after school programs and I am sure chores they do at home. This pocket-sized devotional is a wonderful way for teens to grab those few moments with God. Sarah has written this devotional just as if Jesus were speaking to your teen. “The devotions in this book are meant to be read slowly, preferably in a quiet place-with your Bible open”. I have Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, and I really enjoy her devotions in it, so I believe your teen will enjoy reading this devotional written specifically for the busy teens in today’s world.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

[bc:Jesus Calling: 50 Devotions for Busy Days|43716944|Jesus Calling 50 Devotions for Busy Days (Jesus Calling®)|Sarah Young|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1548576326s/43716944.jpg|62982732]

JKJ94 | Jul 13, 2019 |
devotions for everyday of the year
words of reassurance, comfort and hope to increase your awareness of His Presence and to enjoy His Peace
  ODBCchili | Jul 12, 2019 |
I wanted to include this book as "Finished" for 2014 as a great closure to the year...Even though there have been some passages that have been missed by mistake and this is a book that is a continuous read, It did get finished today, December 31, 2014. This book, on the days I was able to pick it up, touched my life in the time I needed it and what I was going through at the time...Even the passage I read today touched on what I am still dealing with.

When I initially bought this book in approximately 2012, I didn't read it nearly enough. I may have picked it up once, maybe twice a month...Even this year, I didn't read it daily, but I picked it up more than I have this year than I have since I have owned it. When I initially saw this book on a christian website, it was outside the budget I wanted to spend for it. Then I went to a thrift store and found it for $2.15; if that wasn't a blessing, I don't know what is! Because before I found it at the thrift store, I would periodically go back and check the price, it was still more than what I was willing and able to spend at that time.

This little book is a 365 day devotional with scriptures at the end of each passage that coincides with each little devotion. None more than a page long, if it is, it's not more than a page and a half (but all the ones I was able to read, never were more than a page that I remember).

Those of you who enjoy daily devotions or looking for your first, this is a great little book. I truly enjoyed it, especially this year, with all I have been dealing & struggling with. This is my first real devotion that I remember picking up and was able to read through a lot more regularly than any other that I remember. I think I had one as a teen/early 20's but I never really touched it then. Now that I am older and can appreciate it more and need encouragement..this is a great tool... ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
A lovely floral designed fabric covered devotional with a blue ribbon marker makes a perfect gift for all the ladies. The same beautiful blue leaf pattern is placed on every page header as well. Approximately half the page is filled with insightful words and thoughts from the author, followed by Scripture. Daily readings will open up more opportunities to know the Lord more intimately. Themes of thankfulness and trust will speak to your heart. Enjoy the large print, too. It's very soft on the eyes. ( )
  LadyD_Books | Apr 24, 2019 |
I dedicate Jesus Calling to my mother, whose encouragement inspired me to persevere in writing this book. She demonstrated her appreciation of my writing in poignant ways. She kept my manuscript beside her bed, so she could read it every morning. Once, while away from her home, she even asked me to fax her the readings day by day. After she died from cancer, I found portions of my writings that she had hand-copied into a journal. This mother who had prayed me through thick and thin, including years of rebellion, opened her heart fully to my devotional writing. Her oft-expressed desire to write children's books never came to fruition. But there is a sense in which she has written--through me--this bok. Thank you, Nani! Your legacy lives on.
January: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to propsper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Presents devotions for every day of the year, written as if spoken by Jesus directly to the reader, each accompanied with suggested Bible passages for further reading.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,066,026 books! | Top bar: Always visible