Fool Moon

by Jim Butcher

Series: The Dresden Files (2)

When the corpse of a brutally mutilated murder victim turns up at the time of the full moon, accompanied by some most unusual paw prints, professional wizard and supernatural investigator Harry Dresden finds himself searching Chicago for the werewolf stalking the city.
    Gateways by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)
    Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: Like Dresden, the book is about a loner with parental issues who has natural powers. In the Kate Daniels series she is not used to having friends or trusting others because of her natural magic. Also like Dresden there is sexual tension but realistic, there is violence in fighting demons but it is not gory for the sake of gore. Kate Daniels books have more world building.… (more)
    The Haunted Air by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)

English (283)  Catalan (1)  German (1)  All languages (285)
Seguimos teniendo una relacion tibia con Harry Dresden, pero como todo el mundo afirma que la serie mejora con el paso de los libros supongo que seguire un poco mas con esta saga.

Terminado para el Magical Readathon, para el prompt "From Mundane to Magical" ( )
  MissAlandra | Jan 17, 2022 |
This book was better than OK.

A step forward compared to the previous one, this one was funnier, more action packed, more interesting, the female characters where better, the male characters where better.

The story in itself was fun, the twist wasnt really predictable, though the seeded clues for future books where too painfully obvious.

all in all a better book than the opening.

Lets see what else can this wizard pull out of his hat ( )
  GridCube | Jan 17, 2022 |

Oh crap Dresden, You just seem to get deeper and deeper into it, don’t you?
I absolutely enjoyed the second book, the different types of werewolves and Dresden's magic itself was much interesting than the first book. Considering that I choose the audiobook route (my first audiobook btw) it took me much longer to listen to it than it would be to read, besides this I still loved the audio book since James Marsters is the one that reads the book and his voice goes so well with who you think Dresden would be.

There were a couple of things that bothered me, one is that I wished Murphy and Bob were in this book a lot more, I love their characters and wish Butcher would have incorporated them more than he did. Another thing is the werewolf aspect, while I liked the different types of werewolves that are in this world, I still was bothered that they did not have the original type. There's a reason why it is a classic, and I missed that it was not in it.

While I really liked the book, I wished Dresden would think before he does something. Constantly throughout this entire book I was wincing at what this wizard was doing to himself and his body. Honestly it was really hard hearing this through audiobook as I can drift off throughout the book. I will continue reading this series through audiobook, but I do prefer books. ( )
  Lattes_Literature | Dec 23, 2021 |
Less meh than first book ( )
  jimgosailing | Nov 18, 2021 |
Not as enjoyable as the first one. There needs to be a lot more wizardry and a lot less police work. :) ( )
  snaha1993 | Nov 5, 2021 |

Butcher, Jimprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I never used to keep close track of the phases of the moon.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,300,704 books! | Top bar: Always visible