Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

Fool Moon

by Jim Butcher

Series: The Dresden Files (2)

Gateways by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)
    Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: Like Dresden, the book is about a loner with parental issues who has natural powers. In the Kate Daniels series she is not used to having friends or trusting others because of her natural magic. Also like Dresden there is sexual tension but realistic, there is violence in fighting demons but it is not gory for the sake of gore. Kate Daniels books have more world building.… (more)
    The Haunted Air by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)

English (239)  German (2)  Catalan (1)  All languages (242)
Ugh, thank god I finished, I am never going to pick up another one of these books for as long as I live. The writing was good, but jfc, the characters--and especially the main one--were awful. ( )
  whatsmacksaid | Sep 21, 2018 |
I enjoyed the first book in this series more than this one. I'm not going to rush out to get the third at this point. ( )
  Thebrownbookloft | Jun 29, 2018 |
Fool Moon
3.5 Stars

The plot is action packed and exciting and the world building continues to develop with this installment focusing on the various types of wolf-shifters. There is a lot of information and detail that can be confusing at first, but it all makes sense by the end. One of the most compelling aspects of the storyline is that the distinctions between good an evil are not always clear and appearances can be deceiving.

Harry is a very likable protagonist and I enjoy his wit and sarcasm, particularly when he gets into sticky situations. Nonetheless, he has a tendency to come across as weak at times mainly because he is reactive rather than proactive. He waits for things to happen and copes with the fallout rather than seeking out clues and coming up with a workable plan. Moreover, his magic has a bad habit of failing him at precisely the moment he needs it most - what then is the point of his being a wizard?

The secondary characters are interesting bunch. Murphy is seriously annoyed with Harry after the events of Storm Front and while her attitude is understandable, it is disappointing that their friendship is in danger. Harry's relationship with Susan heats up in a completely different way and more details are provided about Elaine, a woman from Harry's past. It will be interesting to see how Harry's love life develops but I'm definitely a Harry/Murphy shipper.

All in all, an entertaining read and I look forward to getting some answers on who is out to get Harry. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |

Fool Moon is book two in The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. We are taken on another mystery, full of suspense and adventure.

Harry is one of the good guys. But he struggles and he’s flawed. He isn’t perfect. I like him and I like how hard he tries to protect everyone around him.

As for the women in Harry’s life I’m not a fan of either at this point. I don't care for reporters. I just don't like them, but Susan came through and helped Harry out. Though I feel she's with him just to get a story. Murphy the detective she was mistrustful, impulsive, and violent in this installment. She was not very nice and put Harry in a situation that made things worse, instead of letting him explain.

The werewolf lore was very interesting, especially the twist at the very end. The teaser about Harry’s mother was a tease for Harry and the readers. I’m excited to see what more Harry and us will learn about himself, his parents, and his past.

Fool Moon was another great read in The Dresden Files series. I loved the mystery and the surprises we get. It’s not straightforward and the developments will surprise you.

Rated: 4 Stars

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
In the second installment of the Dresden Files, Harry finds himself up against different types of werewolves. Fascinating, really, as there are multiple types and each has its own...well, mythology. I like this story of werewolves a lot...even though as usual they're in the role of the bad guy. ( )
  gossamerchild88 | Mar 30, 2018 |

Butcher, Jimprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I never used to keep close track of the phases of the moon.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451458125, Mass Market Paperback)

Could a werewolf be loose in Chicago? Common sense says no. The grisly evidence says yes. So does Harry Dresden. And with his weird connections, he should know.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:51 -0400)

When the corpse of a brutally mutilated murder victim turns up at the time of the full moon, accompanied by some most unusual paw prints, professional wizard and supernatural investigator Harry Dresden finds himself searching Chicago for the werewolf stalking the city.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,978,926 books! | Top bar: Always visible