The Postcard by Tony Abbott

The Postcard (edition 2009)

by Tony Abbott

While in St. Petersburg, Florida, to help clean out his recently-deceased grandmother's house, thirteen-year-old Jason finds an old postcard which leads him on an adventure that blends figures from an old, unfinished detective story with his family's past.
Member:AC.Belgrade
Title:The Postcard
Authors:Tony Abbott
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 368 pages
Tags:Young adults, wl2010

The Postcard by Tony Abbott

A very interesting story-in -a - story. Nicely wrapped, mysterious, thrilling at times.
Liked it 😀 ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Nov 20, 2018 |
I remember loving this book when I was younger. ( )
  katcoviello | Sep 21, 2016 |
The Postcard is not exactly what I expected. The story is well written, but really seems like it should have been written with a more adult protagonist. Much of the story contained references to literature and history that someone of this age wouldn't know, much less use. The story, however, is very good containing a larger message about life.
When Jason's grandmother dies, he discovers almost accidentally, that his parents are on the verge of splitting up. He goes to Florida to be with his father as they get his grandmother's house ready to sell. Jason is angry and frustrated by his trip to Florida ruining his plans for summer vacation, but when he finds a postcard in his grandmother's house, the real adventure begins. His grandmother's funeral is populated by strange looking people that Jason doesn't know, but they start to seem familiar when the clues on the postcard lead Jason to the beginning pages of a mystery that seems to include his grandmother and all of these strange people. Jason meets a girl about his age named Dia who calls him every name but his own, and she helps him track down more clues and find more of the story. Soon Jason and Dia find themselves in danger from the very people who seemed to be his grandmother's friends. Both the mystery of his grandmother and the mystery of the story run throughout the book.
The Postcard is a very poignant story about the way we spend our lives and what we are left with at the end of it. Overall a very interesting story with lots of twists and turns, especially at the end when Jason discovers who has really been chasing him and why. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jul 23, 2016 |
When Jason grandmother dies, he is sent to Florida to help his dad clean out the house. He not too excited about spending his summer away from his friends in some old lady's house but it soon become a summer he'll never forget. He meets this wired give and discovers his grandmothers wacky past and the mystery behind it. It all start with a phone call saying "So how smart are you?" and it escalated quickly form there.

The Postcard by Tony Abbott is a good book. I was very confusing but in a surreal way. I felt as though it was real and I was there seeing these almost impossible things happen. I got really wrapped up in this book and i recommend it.
  br13kamc | Apr 4, 2013 |
This book is full of surprises. It kept me up until the wee hours finishing it. ( )
  dianecaesar | Feb 17, 2012 |
To my grandmother, Mary Banyar 1900 - 1978
"She died today."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,772,834 books! | Top bar: Always visible