From Dead to Worse

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Sookie Stackhouse (8)

After Hurricane Katrina and the manmade explosion at the vampire summit in New Orleans, Sookie Stackhouse faces danger, death, and, once again, betrayal by someone she loves.

English (178)  Italian (1)  All languages (179)
Decent Fluff. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
This is probably my favorite book since book 4-Dead To The World. ( )
  LoisSusan | Dec 10, 2020 |
Once again Charlaine does another good Sookie book, but it's nothing spectacular. ( )
  payday1999 | Dec 8, 2020 |
I feel like a lot of things happened in this book, but nothing really happened. The Were-war happened, and then the fae went to war, and then there was that thing with the werepanthers. Overall though, the only purpose any of these events had were just to get the characters positioned for the next book. On the surface this book has a lot to offer, but looking past that the reader will realize that this book doesn't contribute that much to the rest of the series. It simply served its purpose of moving the story forward.

The reason why this story has 2 1/2 stars instead of 3 is because there are way too many sub-plots going on that it is hard to keep track of all the characters involved. I feel like too many things were crammed into this book and many of them didn't serve a further purpose past their resolution in this book. Why cram something into the series that isn't going to be important later on? Though this is not the first time Harris has been guilty of this in this series...

There were two things that really bothered me in this book, and they both deal with Quinn. The first is how the heck is the reader supposed to know that Quinn killed Andre? Why is that just kinda thrown in this book instead of actually being a scene in the last? Seems more of an afterthought than anything else. The second thing is how did Sookie question Quinn's absence? Didn't she think it was strange that he wouldn't even call her? He refusal of reaching out to him was annoying and out of character. She dropped everything when Bill up and left her without staying in contact with her, why does she just get mad at Quinn? And then there's her heartless breakup...I get it, she wants to be put first. But then why would she think about Eric that way? He will never put her first, despite his affection for her. ( )
  bookworm148 | Oct 7, 2019 |
he reader finds Sookie reeling from an explosive attack on the previous month's vampire summit. Many vampires were killed, including several of Sookie's friends. But most pressing for Sookie is the unknown status of her weretiger boyfriend Quinn. Like it or not, everything is changing in the supernatural world--and Sookie is caught in the middle.

I love reading the Sookie Stackhouse series. Even though most of the characters are paranoral, Harris makes them seem real. Exciting, romantic, and funny. ( )
  lrobe190 | Oct 2, 2019 |

Harris, Charlaineprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Boucher, Frédérique LeTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mümmler, BrittaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Though she can’t walk or see quite as well as she used to, my mother, Jean Harris, remains the most complete person I have ever met. She’s been the bulwark of my existence, the foundation I was built on, and the best mother a woman could have.
If this was The Lord of the Rings and I had a smart British voice like Cate Blanchett, I could tell you the background of the events of that fall in a really suspenseful way.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,854,260 books! | Top bar: Always visible