Sundiata: A legend of Africa by Will Eisner

Sundiata: A legend of Africa

by Will Eisner

This is another book that jumped out at me while at the library. It's a great little story, and a very quick read - only 32 pages. When my nephew's just a little older, I may pick up a copy for him. ( )
  hopeevey | May 19, 2018 |
An adaptation of of African folklore re-told and illustrated by Eisner. The story follows a traditional African tale of a prince who liberates his village from a neighboring tribe. Eisner has an uncanny knack for illustrating the darker side of human nature no whether in the tenements of New York City or a village in sub-Saharan Africa.
  bufkinla | Jul 18, 2010 |

A retelling in comic strip form of the African epic in which an ugly, crippled child grows up to become the liberator and founder of the great empire of old Mali.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,480,179 books! | Top bar: Always visible