HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Midnight Reign: Vampire Babylon, Book Two by…

Midnight Reign: Vampire Babylon, Book Two (edition 2008)

by Chris Marie Green (Author)

Series: Vampire Babylon (2)

Night Rising was only the beginning... Dawn Madison reluctantly came to Los Angeles in search of her missing father and found instead a world of murder and the living dead she never imagined existed. When a new vampire slaying lures Dawn deeper into the underground, her alliances in the sunlit world shift. Now she has only herself to trust and her new found skills as "a spunky vampire slayer" (Publishers Weekly).… (more)
Member:Breegirl6790
Title:Midnight Reign: Vampire Babylon, Book Two
Authors:Chris Marie Green (Author)
Info:Ace (2009), Edition: Reprint, 336 pages

Work Information

Midnight Reign by Chris Marie Green

While I had some trouble thriving in this book. I have found myself pressured into continuing this series for answers to some many questions. Dawn's story line is an interesting read, although I have trouble keeping up with these books because the author is narrirating rather than living the story. Each chapter is told as though it is a third person looking in. I have had trouble following this story, and finding interest in all situation. Though, as I have said Chris Green is commended on the fact that is has a interesting story that keeps me reading only to find answers to questions that I can not live with not knowing the answers. ( )
  BookWhisperer | Sep 19, 2008 |
Awesome. I just finished "Midnight Reign" by Chris Marie Green. This is book two in her 'Vampire Babylon' series and a wild ride from start to finish. If you enjoy your urban fantasies with a darker edge, you have got to try this series, but you'll have to read the first book, "Night Rising", to understand the scope of this work.

Dawn is still searching for her father. Meanwhile, she's been recruited by 'the Voice' into joining his team of investigators searching out the inner sanctum of a vampire nest in LA. She's also still torn between her attraction to "the Voice" and Matt, a private investigator who's also supposedly looking for Dawn's father. In this story, we get a deeper look into past incidents that helped create this present. We learn more about 'the Master' and his 'son' Sorin. We learn more about Eva, Dawns' moviestar mother who was tragically murdered. We learn more about Kiko, the little person with a literal magic touch. And we learn more about Dawn and what drives her.

I was hooked from page one and will be tapping my toes outside the bookstore on September 2, 2008 for the release of "Break of Dawn". ( )
  jjmachshev | Aug 23, 2008 |

Belongs to Series

When Jessica Reese came home from her job at a Hollywood bar that night, someone was waiting in the bedroom closet.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,858,001 books! | Top bar: Always visible