All the Colors We Are: Todos los colores de nuestra piel/The Story of How…

by Katie Kissinger

Explains, in simple terms, the reasons for skin color, how it is determined by heredity, and how various environmental factors affect it.

English (9)  Spanish (1)  All languages (10)
612.7
  OakGrove-KFA | Mar 29, 2020 |
612.7
  OakGrove-KFA | Mar 28, 2020 |
This book is bilingual (English and Spanish) and uses simple but accurate science to explain how we each get our own skin tones; your family/ancestors, the environment, and melanin, the special chemical in your skin. The colorful photographs of real people help children see that though we look different, our skin is special and created in the same way.
  alankenship | Feb 24, 2018 |
This is a great book to read to younger ones. The pages are full of photographs of children with all different skin color. It's really cool because it actually teaches you how our skin color is determined. If you want to teach your child about how diverse our world is and the importance of it, this book would be a great start! ( )
  Holli123 | Feb 19, 2018 |
Katie Kissinger's story is about everyone having a different color skin. This story has many open ended questions to get children thinking about what their color skin is and how they think we get them and then answers them. This is a great cultural diversity book and it is a English and Spanish. ( )
  jallen9306 | Feb 17, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,850,833 books! | Top bar: Always visible