Angel: After the Fall, Vol. 1 by Brian Lynch

Angel: After the Fall, Vol. 1 (2008)

by Brian Lynch

4151725,597 ()15

Save your money, Get this from the library.Graphic novel. If you were Angel fame this and volume 2 are must reads. Otherwise its a confusing storyline with average graphics. Get this from the library
  Cataloger623 | Nov 8, 2014 |
The Good: A continuation of Angel was desperately needed and I'm glad IDW was there to give fans that. A beloved series ending on a huge cliffhanger needs closure of some sort.

The Bad: I read Buffy, Season 8, before starting Angel: After the Fall and that ended up being a huge strike against this Angel series. Dark Horse did such an unbelievable job continuing Buffy that I expected the same type of continuity and follow though here. Unfortunately, when the TV series ended on such an open possibility, fans like myself wanted to know what happened to our favorite characters immediately. And this didn't happen. What we are told is in bits and pieces, like a mystery to what happened as opposed to the continuation of where we left off. The fates of some of the characters are still murky at best and the story seems to be going no where fast. ( )
  TequilaReader | Aug 12, 2013 |
This (and the following two books) are a must read if you, like so many other fans, wanted to throw your TV or DVD player out the window when the TV series ended on unbelievable cliff hanger. The comic books continue the story line. You find out who lives and who dies, but there also some surprises. Some annoying (a mind-reading fish, really?), some wonderful (you don't have to hate Connor anymore- yay!), some amusing (WHAT did Angel name that dragon?). You'll laugh, you'll cry, but you won't regret it. Author commentary is great too. Buffy S8 books pale in comparison, I'm sorry to say. ( )
  MashaK99 | Jun 11, 2013 |
I had a little trouble getting into this at the beginning, but once I began to understand the state of things following the end of the show, I enjoyed it. I was happy to see Lorne again and there were lots of surprises, as well as a big cliff hanger. I'll have to keep my eye out for the next one. I miss the Buffy-verse. ( )
  alwright1 | May 15, 2012 |
So, at the end of the Angel series, the team is falling apart and caught in the street with a gaggle of demons coming for them... and fade to black. What happened next? Simple. It all went to hell! And this is the start of the story of that battle for control of the piece of land formerly known as Los Angeles IN hell! Totally out of whack! ( )
  savageknight | Dec 22, 2011 |
It all started with a girl.
Different volumes of the same series should not be combined. Part of the confusion may have stemmed from the fact that the Library of Congress includes all volumes of this series in one single listing, despite being separate physical entities.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 160010181X, Hardcover)

In Angel's final television season, his world ended... but his story didn't. Picking up where Season Five of the fan-favorite TV show left off, this first collection looks at who lived and died after the climactic battle. Why did the team go their separate ways? How did Connor rise up to become one of Hell's greatest champions. Find of what really happened on the night L.A. went straight to hell.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:29 -0400)

"Picking up where Season Five of the TV show left off, this first volume looks at who lived after that climactic battle, who died, and what happened to all of Los Angeles in its wake."--Cover.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,705,380 books! | Top bar: Always visible