All About Doll Houses by Barbara L. Farlie

All About Doll Houses

by Barbara L. Farlie, Charlotte L. Clarke

Other authors: Jaime Iribarren (Illustrator), Otto Maya (Photographer)

Presents step-by-step instructions for making miniature houses, rooms, furniture, and accessories.

All about doll houses first discusses how to get started: make the house or furniture yourself or buy a kit or buy ready made. There are floor plans for three types of houses: colonial, Georgian and Victorian, although there are no plans for building the houses themselves. Furniture layouts are given for four rooms in each style. Basic directions for floors, walls, ceilings and other interior details like stairs and mantels are provided along with the minimal tools needed.

The bulk of the book is taken up with plans for furniture from the three periods listed previously with full size patterns and all the supplies and tools needed for that project. There are also patterns for accessories and even rug patterns.

I have to admit that the wood projects are beyond my abilities but the color and black & white photos of complete rooms and individual pieces of furniture gave me some wonderful ideas if I ever have a doll house of my own. ( )
  fdholt | Jul 27, 2019 |

Barbara L. Farlieprimary authorall editionscalculated
Clarke, Charlotte L.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Iribarren, JaimeIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Maya, OttoPhotographersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,390,434 books! | Top bar: Always visible