Nature's New Voices by John A. Murray

Nature's New Voices

by John A. Murray

22None708,063NoneNone

No reviews
Our village life would stagnate if it were not for the unexplored forests and meadows which surround it. We need the tonic of wildness,--to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk, and hear the booming of the snipe; to smell the whispering sedge where only some wilder and more solitary fowl builds her nest, and the mink crawls with its belly close to the ground. ... We can never have enough of nature. We must be refreshed by the sight of inexhaustible vigor, vast and titanic features, the sea-coast with its wrecks, the wilderness with its living and its decaying trees, the thunder-cloud, and the rain which lasts three weeks and produces freshets. We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.
--Henry David Thoreau
Walden (1854)
To Tom and Marilyn Auer

This is the first collection to exclusively feature the work of the younger generation of nature writers. Nature's New Voices introduces the reader to the best and brightest of this genre, from nationally acclaimed writers like Gretel Ehrlich, Rick Bass, Terry Tempest Williams, and James D. Houston to those like John Daniel and Dan O'Brien, who will enjoy greater recognition in the new millennium.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 155591117X, Paperback)

The works of nationally acclaimed writers like Gretel Ehrlich, Rick Bass, Terry Tempest Williams, and James D. Houston to name a few.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:20 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,464,268 books! | Top bar: Always visible