Wednesday the Rabbi Got Wet (The Rabbi Small…

Wednesday the Rabbi Got Wet (The Rabbi Small Mysteries Book 6) (edition 2015)

by Harry Kemelman (Author)

Series: Rabbi Small (6)

A member of Rabbi Small's congregation dies a mysterious death during a hurricane. When the suspect turns out to be a troubled but likable young man, Rabbi Small comes to his aid.
Member:Colonino
Title:Wednesday the Rabbi Got Wet (The Rabbi Small Mysteries Book 6)
Authors:Harry Kemelman (Author)
Info:Open Road Media Mystery & Thriller (2015), 312 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:***1/2

Wednesday the Rabbi Got Wet by Harry Kemelman (Author)

Recently added byfoxandbooks, HR_JHS, rgibbe2, private library, nixanook, Sistah_Eve, TempleBethElSalinas, dblidy

English (6)  Danish (1)  All languages (7)
The mystery plot of this 6th book in the series was better than the previous book (although I still figured it out fairly early). I was interested in the mystical Judaism that Hasidic Jews believe in, especially in the setting of the early 1970s when many 'hippies' were investigating a number of different mystical beliefs. The way that various characters of differing ages reacted to this movement gave a range of perspectives, to me all the more interesting today when I can imagine myself in different roles in different times of my life! ( )
  leslie.98 | Jun 18, 2019 |
Even in the sixth case, Rabbi Small disagrees with his community. The new president of the synagogue wants to introduce more meditation - back to the original. He is convinced that this requires a place outside the synagogue - a so-called cloister. To buy land, the community would have to sell land elsewhere. That's just right for a speculator. He 'goes over dead bodies' and is not ready to let a pharmacist extend the contract for its business by the community. But fortunately, there is Rabbi Small, who with the help of the Talmud and his friend the police chief, convicted of the culprit. ( )
  Ameise1 | Oct 13, 2018 |
ereader ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
The actual mystery was good. I feel like I'm getting an inside view of my parents' generation and a Jewish community. ( )
  BonnieJune54 | Mar 23, 2012 |
Wonderful Rabbi Small mystery, character-driven and rich in detail and flavor of late 1970's Jewish life in New England. ( )
  whingemope | Aug 12, 2009 |

Kemelman, HarryAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Guidall, GeorgeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,399,916 books! | Top bar: Always visible