Labor of Love: An Autobiography

by Anne Geddes

Beginning with early childhood memories and continuing through her career, the author reflects, through anecdotes and observations, on some of her most recognized images.

A lovely oversized book, with biogaphical stories, lots of family photos, behind-the-scenes photos and narratives of Anne's projects, and of course, hundreds of beautiful pictures of babies. Included are photos from all of Anne's previous books and projects. I love it. I simply couldn't resist. Besides, the $34.41 book was on the bargain table at Waldenbooks for $4.97! How cool is that? ( )
  MerryMary | Dec 7, 2008 |
For my sisters Susan, Kaye, Sally, and Helen.
Twenty-five years ago, when I first picked up a camera, I could never have dreamt that my life would change so completely.

Anne Geddes' A Labor of Love: Anne Geddes An Autobiography reveals the events, emotions, and images that have shaped Anne's life. Her personal story melds with her extraordinary body of work to reinforce the inherent message behind her imagery: PROTECT, NURTURE, LOVE.

* Beginning with early childhood memories and continuing through her remarkable 25-year career, A Labor of Love: Anne Geddes An Autobiography is part autobiography, part retrospective—and entirely captivating.
* Through anecdotes and observations, Anne reflects on some of her most recognized images: how she painstakingly set the elaborate scenes, carefully selected the props, and ultimately created magic. A Labor of Love: Anne Geddes An Autobiography also includes interesting follow-ups with the subjects of some of her iconic photographs and images from her best-selling works Down in the Garden, Until Now, Pure, and Miracle.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,575,594 books! | Top bar: Always visible