Gone Special Edition by Michael Grant

Gone Special Edition (original 2009; edition 2013)

by Michael Grant (Author)

Series: Gone (1)

4,0352032,249 (3.87)138
In a small town on the coast of California, everyone over the age of fourteen suddenly disappears, setting up a battle between the remaining town residents and the students from a local private school, as well as those who have "The Power" and are able to perform supernatural feats and those who do not.… (more)
Member:mfeddern
Title:Gone Special Edition
Authors:Michael Grant (Author)
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2013), Edition: Revised, 592 pages

Gone by Michael Grant (2009)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (fabtk)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (stephxsu)
    stephxsu: Incredible world-building and suspense-building featuring a plethora of interesting and sympathetic characters.
    Under the Dome: A Novel by Stephen King (virginiahomeschooler)
    Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (dmarie3)
    Lord of the Flies by William Golding (Jessika.C, Vulco1)
    Vulco1: Young people building their own society. Stranded. Kids turn evil. Very few heroes and a lot of followers.
    The Outsider by Melinda Metz (Vulco1)
    Vulco1: YA. Teens with powers. Very little parental involvement. Thrills. Romance
    The Awakening by Michael Carroll (Vulco1)
    Vulco1: Action. Adventure. YA. Super powers. Kids doing it for themselves
    Autre-Monde, Tome 1 : L'Alliance des Trois by Maxime Chattam (Aleana)
    The Girl Who Owned A City by O. T. Nelson (infiniteletters)
    Sisters of Misery by Megan Kelley Hall (midnighttwilight101)

English (195)  Dutch (4)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  Norwegian (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (203)
So I liked it. It was an interesting story and see loads of potential for it to get even better. For me, it just way too long to read. I have been busy and that explains some of it, but not all of it. It took a lot to get and stay interested in it and I found I was too easily distracted with other slightly stupid things lol. So I do plan to continue the series and see how it progresses, but I'm hoping it gets better. ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
this was such a good book. It had suspense, action, and just a bit of romance. ( )
  Nicole_girl | Mar 8, 2021 |
I really liked this one. I'll be continuing the series. It's about a bunch of kids, everyone is under age 14 being the only ones left in their reality. So all the grownups are gone and weird things are happening. Some of the kids have powers. There's an evil darkness. The animals are evolving. They have to figure out normal survival things like finding food and taking care of the babies. They also have the mutations to deal with. Everything is more deadly. I would say this is YA dystopian and a bit horror-ish. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Feb 17, 2021 |
4.5 stars ( )
  Hyms | Aug 9, 2020 |
Fabulous book. Very freaky, but extremely clever. ( )
  angelgay | Jul 1, 2020 |

Michael Grantprimary authorall editionscalculated
McCarley, KyleNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wat doe je als alle volwassenen spoorloos verdwenen zijn?
For Katherine, Jake, and Julia
One minute the teacher was talking about the Civil War. And the next minute he was gone.

Michael Grant is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,496,433 books! | Top bar: Always visible