Field Trip Facts: Notes From Ms. Frizzle's Kids

by Joanna Cole

Other authors: Bruce Degen (Illustrator)

Series: The Magic School Bus

The kids in Ms. Frizzle's class have traveled the globe learning cool science facts. Read their reports, and let them take you on a fun-filled field trip on the Magic School Bus.

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
$1.99
  CapitalCityPCS | Sep 20, 2019 |
Ms. Frizzle takes her students on many exciting field trips. This book is a collection of their reports recalling all of the information they've learned along the way. The book contains facts detailing a number of different animals that come from the sea to the sky and everywhere in between. ( )
  T.Spears | Dec 1, 2017 |
3. Field trip Facts: Notes from Ms Frizzle’s kids, is an informational chapter book written, illustrated, and published in 2007 by Scholastic Books. The Frizzle series of informational books is based on the Magic school bus books by Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen. I really liked this book and I am a huge fan of the Magic Schoolbus book series. These are, in my opinion, the best informational science books for children. What I liked about this book is its descriptive language, intricate detailed illustrations, and interactive website provided with the book. My favorite animal in this book that they went over was the Goblin Shark. The language is extremely descriptive about the shark. Tim, the “student” that does the report goes into detail about how this shark gets its name because of its pale pinkish grey coloring that makes it look like a goblin. He goes into detail about the Goblin Sharks habitat deep in the Atlantic, Pacific, and Indian Oceans. The level of detail included helped to imagine the shark and to pull me into the book. The illustrations are surprisingly detailed in this book. The illustrations are drawn in simple black and white printer ink. This unfortunately had me wishing that they were in color. Having the animals in color would have helped me to visualize that animal. However the illustrators went to a great deal to label the parts of the animal to make up for the lack of color. Pages 16 and 17 showcase a common Fruit Bat. The drawing of the Fruit Bat is strewn across the paper with detailed markings that define what part of the body has which function. As an example there is the word “thumb” then a line that points to its third thumb. The detailed diagrams really do make up for the fact that the book was illustrated in black and white. What really caught my attention was that this book came with a website on the back, www.scholastic.com/magicschoolbus. This was an awesome idea. If the reader wants to know more about any animal or subject he or she can go to this site and continue the research. This site offers a lot of information on the animals covered and their habitats. Animals and habitats were at the center of this story. The animals in this story introduced the reader to their habitat. ( )
  cbower6 | Nov 26, 2013 |

Cole, Joannaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Degen, BruceIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,185,435 books! | Top bar: Always visible