Hard To Believe by John MacArthur

Hard To Believe (edition 2010)

by John MacArthur (Author)

Jesus Christ did not die on the cross so you and I could have a nice day. Ministers and teachers who water down the gospel of Christ in order to make it more popular and appealing may be leading their fun-loving audiences down the road to eternal punishment. This book is John MacArthur's unflinching, unapologetic treatise on the modern tendency to alter the true message of Christianity in order to meet the whims and desires of a culture hoping for nonconfrontational messages, easy answers, and superficial commitments. Too many people just want a Madison Avenue Jesus to make them well, make them happy, and make them prosperous. But Jesus Christ isn't a personal genie. He is the Savior. He died in agony to satisfy the wrath of a holy God and to forgive the sins of humankind. Faith in Him demands a willingness to make any sacrifice He asks. The hard truth about Christianity is that the cost is high, but the rewards are priceless: abundant and eternal life that comes only from faithfully follwing Christ.… (more)
Member:tylerandemilea
Title:Hard To Believe
Authors:John MacArthur (Author)
Info:Thomas Nelson (2010), 240 pages

Hard to Believe: The High Cost and Infinite Value of Following Jesus by John MacArthur

I discovered John Macarthur and his messaging only a few years ago. I really enjoyed reading this book--I read very few books beginning to end; and I again thank God for introducing me to his ministry. Definitely 5 stars. ( )
  rogerdarrell | Apr 13, 2021 |
Chapters on The Rock of True Faith, The Hard Truth, The Best Example, Highway to Heaven, Hallmarks of Discipleship, Why We're Still Here, But Some Will Believe, and more ( )
  FUMCHwy441 | Mar 16, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,215,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible