The Usborne Book of World History by Anne…

The Usborne Book of World History (edition 2009)

by Anne Millard (Author)

Introduction to world history from the first civilisations to the early 20th century, in short visual chapters.
Member:UnderhillAcademy
Title:The Usborne Book of World History
Authors:Anne Millard (Author)
Info:Usborne Pub Ltd (2009), Edition: Combined, 195 pages

Work Information

The Usborne Book of World History by Anne Millard

I loved this book as a kid. I would sit and pour over it for hours looking at the pictures and reading the sections that caught my interest. Since it was published in the UK it has a different perspective on world history than I was taught in school.

It is still Euro-centric, but you will be hard pressed to find an english-language history book that isn't.

There are a lot of little projects sprinkled throughout the book that kids can attempt on their own. This includes a water elevator (made with straws), a mosaic and fresco, felt tapestries, and so on.

There is some nudity in the earlier chapters, but nothing graphic (just boobs). ( )
  StarofSophia | Dec 21, 2009 |

Belongs to Series

Sonlight Core B

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,535,828 books! | Top bar: Always visible