Beach Road by James Patterson

Beach Road (edition 2006)

by James Patterson, Peter de Jonge

Member:KimberlyHill
Title:Beach Road
Authors:James Patterson
Other authors:Peter de Jonge
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2006), Hardcover, 390 pages

Beach Road by James Patterson

I'd give it a 2.5. I did zip through it and was constantly being surprised but sometimes these kinds of books reach the point for me where I'm just thinking "Really? Everything that can go wrong is going wrong?" ( )
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
I picked up the audio CD for a long road trip. This was my first James Patterson novel, and he writes an okay lawyer yarn that I found diverting enough--up until the ending, which has an impossible twist piled on top of a highly improbable twist (or was it the other way around? it doesn't matter). What a piece of junk. ( )
  jaydro | Jan 24, 2016 |
Not a very good book, even when read as just a beach read. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
Loved! Lots of people but really loved it. Great mystery and of course the shocking reveal. So fun!! ( )
  whybehave2002 | Feb 4, 2015 |

Gardiner, RodneyReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Turner, CharlesReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Daina, Matthew, Joseph and Porter. Love, Peter

And as always, for Jack and Suzie. Love, Jim
In the summer of 2003 there were three brutal and tragic murders in East Hampton, a wealthy beach community in Long Island, and two related murders in New York City.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446619140, Mass Market Paperback)

Montauk lawyer Tom Dunleavy's client list is woefully small - occasional real estate closings barely keep him in paper clips. When he is hired to defend a local man accused in a triple murder that has the East Hampton world in an uproar, he knows that he has found the case of his lifetime.
The crime turns the glittering playground for the super-rich into a blazing inferno. Dunleavy's client is a local hero, but Dunleavy knows the case rests atop a volcano of money, deception, and forbidden desires. His client is the perfect fall guy - unless he can find the key that unlocks the secret rooms of the gilt-shrouded set.
When Dunleavy is joined by his former flame, the savvy and well-connected attorney, Kate Costello, he believes he has a chance. But payback is a bitch - especially from the rich. The violent retaliations of billionaires threatened by his investigation exceed anything Dunleavy has ever seen. With the entire nation's eyes on him in a new Trial of the Century, Dunleavy orchestrates a series of revelations that lead to a stunning outcome - only to find afterward that the truth is wilder than anything he ever imagined.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:21 -0400)

A struggling Long Island lawyer, Tom Dunleavy, recruits a Manhattan superlawyer, Kate Costello, to help him defend a local man accused of murdering three people near a movie star's mansion in East Hampton. The nation is watching what is expected to be a "trial of the century."… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,353,756 books! | Top bar: Always visible