Hemingway's Notebook

by Bill Granger

Series: November Man (6)

Everyone is looking for it on St. Michel in the Caribbean. Here the president is a raving lunatic, the "Black Police" have the run of the capital, guerilla forces mass in the hills, an organized crime syndicate plans its own takeover, and U.S. agents brutally battle for a document filled with hot political secrets, the lost notebook of Ernest Hemingway. And here one of America's toughest spies, the man they call November, will need all his courage and cunning if the coveted prize is to be his.… (more)

Ok, I'm a huge Hemingway fan, so when I saw this at a thrift shop for a quarter, I snagged it. Well, when I got over throwing it across the room because it wasn't remotely about Hemingway, I realized it was actually NOT a bad spy story after all. Rather James Bond-ish in style, except that the hero is definitely NOT a Bond wannabe, he's a tough, not really pretty, badass who's a Vietnam vet. "Hemingway" in this book, was a nom de plume of another agent who wrote a secret CIA manual about terrorists. The November Man is on the hunt to reclaim the stolen book & return it to the CIA or destroy it before those secrets get out. Typical of spy stories, there's a ton of plot twists, blowing shit up, yada yada. If you like spy stories, give it a shot. If you are expecting to be about Papa Hemingway, as I was, you're gonna be disappointed, like I was, & then read it anyway. At least it's entertaining ( )
  Lisa.Johnson.James | Apr 10, 2014 |
Devereaux is drawn into the hunt for the titular notebook on a Caribbean island. ( )
  Leischen | Jan 13, 2014 |

Belongs to Series

The president of the United States, his face shining under the television lights, gripped the lectern and turned in a characteristic way toward the reporter on the panel, as though he had not heard the question.

On St. Michel in the Caribbean, U.S. agents brutally battle for a document filled with hot political secrets, the last notebook of Ernest Hemingway.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,416,924 books! | Top bar: Always visible