I Am Scout: The Biography of Harper Lee by…

I Am Scout: The Biography of Harper Lee

by Charles J. Shields

1971392,049 (3.73)8
This biography tells the story of how Harper Lee struggled to become an author and created one of the most popular novels of the 20th century.

It was kinda slow. When I think of authors I think of really social, understanding people so it surprised me that she was kind of a social out cast. I think it was brave of her to publish her views on blacks and whites even though she was shunned by some people. i guess there's a lot of pressure after you write an award-winning book, if you try and write another one. it was sad how Truman Capote committed suicide, i don't think i ever really liked him, Nelle was nice and he was sort of a jerk to her. ( )
  Brinlie.Jill.Searle | Nov 22, 2016 |
I have always been a fan of Harper Lee and her book To Kill a Mockingbird. Since she died recently, I thought it would be interesting to pick this up and find out more about the author. This would be good book for students to read when they are also reading To Kill a Mockingbird.
  KristenNevala | Apr 9, 2016 |
With Harper Lee's recent passing I decided to learn more about this elusive author. This was not the best choice . It reads as if the author obtained all of his information from hanging out at the local coffee shop listening to gossip. While there are extensive notes at the back of the book, it doesn't written as if it is well researched. It sounds more like hearsay. That said , I learned enough to satisfy my interest in Ms. Lee's life story. ( )
  asomers | Mar 4, 2016 |
This book was interesting, but it was a condenced version of an adult boigraphy by the same author and it felt like it. It didn't have a "voice" that felt like someone was trying to present the information in a fresh way for teens. I would probably have preferred to read the full version entitled MOCKINBIRD. ( )
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,863,951 books! | Top bar: Always visible