dismiss

L'attaque des oeufs de Mars by R. L. Stine

L'attaque des oeufs de Mars (original 1996; edition 2005)

by R. L. Stine

Series: Goosebumps (42)

On an egg hunt, Dana finds an abnormal egg that is the size of a softball. It's covered with blue and purple veins and it's starting to hatch.
Member:whcslibrary
Title:L'attaque des oeufs de Mars
Authors:R. L. Stine
Info:Markham, Ont. : itions Scholastic, 2005.

Work Information

Egg Monsters from Mars by R. L. Stine (1996)

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
#42 "They're no yolk!"
Brandy wants an Easter egg hunt for her 10th birthday. And Brandi always gets what Brandy wants. Dana it's not so thrilled about it. But when he finds a strange looking egg things really get weird. And it's when the egg hatches that the trouble begins! ( )
  SumisBooks | Oct 22, 2018 |
My fondest memory of this book was that I once discovered one with a scratch n' sniff cover. I described this to my husband and was met with a horrified expression. In retrospect, yes, the idea of owning a book that at a single sniff could smell like rotten eggs is not the best idea. But this is Goosebumps, and it thrives on the gross and unexpected. As do most children.

This is more of a Mad Scientist story than a Creature story, as previous reviewers had mentioned. The horror is more of science in the hands of the sadistic than any frightening monster, in spite of the title. The book, as such, wasn't terribly exciting. There were no real memorable creepy moments and a lot of misguided parenting. For once, this wasn't even a Goosebumps title that revolved mainly around a friendship. So, it fell relatively flat.

The high point was really the creepy description of the egg more than anything else. A veined egg, throbbing and hot to the touch, is something worth being perversely fascinated by. Unfortunately the rest... nah. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
This book is about a young girl who wants to have an easter egg hunt for her birthday. Things become ugly when her sister finds an unusual egg that is different from the others. I recommend this book, because it is suspenseful and a little scary to keep them on there feet. ( )
  mclaire123 | Oct 21, 2015 |
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series. ( )
  odinblindeye | Apr 2, 2013 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 179,993,206 books! | Top bar: Always visible