Brisingr: Book III (The Inheritance Cycle 3)…

Brisingr: Book III (The Inheritance Cycle 3) (edition 2008)

by Christopher Paolini (Author)

12,663216353 (3.92)1 / 186
The further adventures of Eragon and his dragon Saphira as they continue to aid the Varden in the struggle against the evil king, Galbatorix.
Member:Justjosie
Title:Brisingr: Book III (The Inheritance Cycle 3)
Authors:Christopher Paolini (Author)
Info:Knopf Books for Young Readers (2008), Edition: Reprint, 802 pages

Brisingr by Christopher Paolini

English (203)  German (5)  Spanish (2)  Swedish (1)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (214)
I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler-free way. If you feel anything in my review is a spoiler and is not already hidden in spoiler brackets please let me know. Thank you.

So I have been listening to the audio of this book on and off for a long time now. I use to love this series, but it's just not holding up to my expectations anymore. It just feels like nothing but politics, never-ending talking and speeches, and long almost pointless battles. I am hoping the fourth book is better, but if nothing else, at least it will be the end.

I had the audio going twice as fast because this book is soooooo long. It wouldn't be so bad, but when the characters in this book talk, they make long-winded speeches every time. It's driving me insane.

I really wish I had more to say on the book, but I'm just glad it over, and only my former love of it is keeping me from rating it any lower. On the bright side, I haven't read the last book yet so I can finally see what the conclusion to this story is.

How I choose my rating:
1* Hated it. I had to force myself to finish it.
2** Didn't really like it. I didn't hate it but not sure why I finished it other than for some closure.
3*** I liked it. I had some issues with it, but as a whole it was good. I probably won't reread ever, but there is a chance I might finish the series. (If part of one) But if not it's not a huge loss.
4**** I really liked this book. Maybe not a work of genius, but highly entertaining. I might reread this, and I will finish the series. (If part of one) I would recommend to those I know hold interest in this book's content.
5***** I loved this book. I found little to no issues with it at all. I will definitely be rereading this and probably more than once. I will finish the series and reread it multiple times. (If part of one) I will recommend this book to EVERYONE!!!! ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
I've very much enjoyed listening to the audio books for this series with my 10 year old son. We'll be sad to finish the final book. ( )
  amcheri | May 25, 2021 |
hb
  5083mitzi | Mar 18, 2021 |
Paolini is definitely improving with each novel he writes in this series. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and I liked that we got a few new POVs during the course of this novel. With some of the POVs included in this book, it becomes even clearer how Paolini has given each character their own voice.

There were some parts of the book that made me uncomfortable, sometimes because a character's perspective seemed so much more violent than my own that it was hard to accept and sometimes because of descriptions of what the characters were enduring physically. However, I would still say these sections were well written and were in keeping with who the characters were and did add something to the story as a whole.

This book also had me laughing more than the previous books, but it is also the first in this series to make me cry. Though, that may not have happened if I hadn't been following the characters through their journey in the previous two books. And I don't think admitting that takes away from the achievement of creating that connection between reader and character that results in feeling a fictional character's emotions alongside them. ( )
  Sara_Cat | Mar 6, 2021 |
I love the part where eragon makes brisingr. ( )
  Gurasees | Feb 8, 2021 |

Christopher Paoliniprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bastia, ValeriaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Doyle, GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Palencar, John JudeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Scotto di Santillo, Maria ConcettaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stefanidis, JoannisÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
As always, this book is for my family. And also for Jordan, Nina and Sylvie, the bright lights of a new generation. Atra esterni ono thelduin.
Eragon stared at the dark tower of stone wherein hid the monsters who had murdered his uncle, Garrow.
Fame or infamy, either one is preferable to being forgotten when you have passed from this realm. (Orik)

Following the colossal battle against the Empire's warriors on the Burning Plains, Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have narrowly escaped with their lives. Still there is more at hand for the Rider and his dragon, as Eragon finds himself bound by a tangle of promises he may not be able to keep. First is Eragon's oath to his cousin Roran: to help rescue Roran's beloved, Katrina, from King Galbatorix's clutches. But Eragon owes his loyalty to others, too. The Varden are in desperate need of his talents and strength-as are the elves and dwarves. When unrest claims the rebels and danger strikes from every corner, Eragon must make choices-choices that take him across the Empire and beyond, choices that may lead to unimagined sacrifice. Eragon is the greatest hope to rid the land of tyranny. Can this once-simple farm boy unite the rebel forces and defeat the king?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,271,749 books! | Top bar: Always visible