Brisingr: Book III (The Inheritance Cycle)…

Brisingr: Book III (The Inheritance Cycle) (edition 2010)

by Christopher Paolini (Author)

Series: Inheritance Cycle (3)

13,105220346 (3.92)1 / 186
The further adventures of Eragon and his dragon Saphira as they continue to aid the Varden in the struggle against the evil king, Galbatorix.
Member:MissMyers
Title:Brisingr: Book III (The Inheritance Cycle)
Authors:Christopher Paolini (Author)
Info:Knopf Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: Reprint, 800 pages

Work Information

Brisingr by Christopher Paolini

Recently added byXetroc, kabieber, LC_97, KeelanvonE, robinanony, Stokkr, private library, mrbater, art3m1s, ErinRCode

English (207)  German (5)  Spanish (2)  Swedish (1)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (218)
A bit slower than the previous book, but many things started to happen towards the end of the book. ( )
  ilsevr1977 | Sep 26, 2021 |
I decided to re-read The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini and I was pleased by how much I enjoyed it. I liked it more this time than I did the first time because I was able to skip some of the slower bits since I had read it before. I thoroughly enjoy the characters and I like how detailed a world Christopher Paolini has built but the story does definitely drag at points. I still loathe the way the series ends though. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
The further adventures of Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, as they continue to aid the Varden in the struggle against the evil King, Galbatorix.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 6, 2021 |
There are many bad reviews for this book but I didn't think it was that bad. I enjoy these books for not making things easy for the main characters and this one went into detail about how gets from book 2 to the book 4 for which seems in line. But then maybe I am grading on a low scale to start with. ( )
  cdks | Aug 16, 2021 |
I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler-free way. If you feel anything in my review is a spoiler and is not already hidden in spoiler brackets please let me know. Thank you.

So I have been listening to the audio of this book on and off for a long time now. I use to love this series, but it's just not holding up to my expectations anymore. It just feels like nothing but politics, never-ending talking and speeches, and long almost pointless battles. I am hoping the fourth book is better, but if nothing else, at least it will be the end.

I had the audio going twice as fast because this book is soooooo long. It wouldn't be so bad, but when the characters in this book talk, they make long-winded speeches every time. It's driving me insane.

I really wish I had more to say on the book, but I'm just glad it over, and only my former love of it is keeping me from rating it any lower. On the bright side, I haven't read the last book yet so I can finally see what the conclusion to this story is.

How I choose my rating:
1* Hated it. I had to force myself to finish it.
2** Didn't really like it. I didn't hate it but not sure why I finished it other than for some closure.
3*** I liked it. I had some issues with it, but as a whole it was good. I probably won't reread ever, but there is a chance I might finish the series. (If part of one) But if not it's not a huge loss.
4**** I really liked this book. Maybe not a work of genius, but highly entertaining. I might reread this, and I will finish the series. (If part of one) I would recommend to those I know hold interest in this book's content.
5***** I loved this book. I found little to no issues with it at all. I will definitely be rereading this and probably more than once. I will finish the series and reread it multiple times. (If part of one) I will recommend this book to EVERYONE!!!! ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |

Christopher Paoliniprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bastia, ValeriaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Doyle, GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Palencar, John JudeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Scotto di Santillo, Maria ConcettaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stefanidis, JoannisÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
As always, this book is for my family. And also for Jordan, Nina and Sylvie, the bright lights of a new generation. Atra esterni ono thelduin.
Eragon stared at the dark tower of stone wherein hid the monsters who had murdered his uncle, Garrow.
Fame or infamy, either one is preferable to being forgotten when you have passed from this realm. (Orik)

Following the colossal battle against the Empire's warriors on the Burning Plains, Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have narrowly escaped with their lives. Still there is more at hand for the Rider and his dragon, as Eragon finds himself bound by a tangle of promises he may not be able to keep. First is Eragon's oath to his cousin Roran: to help rescue Roran's beloved, Katrina, from King Galbatorix's clutches. But Eragon owes his loyalty to others, too. The Varden are in desperate need of his talents and strength-as are the elves and dwarves. When unrest claims the rebels and danger strikes from every corner, Eragon must make choices-choices that take him across the Empire and beyond, choices that may lead to unimagined sacrifice. Eragon is the greatest hope to rid the land of tyranny. Can this once-simple farm boy unite the rebel forces and defeat the king?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,322,034 books! | Top bar: Always visible