Sweet Liar by Jude Deveraux

Sweet Liar (edition 1993)

by Jude Deveraux (Author)

Series: Taggert (3), Montgomery/Taggert (book 6)

Beloved bestselling author Jude Deveraux follows a savvy young woman into the intriguing heart of a past mystery--and into the arms of a once-in-a-lifetime love. It was her father's dying wish that Samantha Elliot search for her grandmother, who'd disappeared from Louisville when she was a baby. So here she was in New York City...her parents dead, her divorce final, and she was all alone.... Michael Taggert was Samantha's landlord--and she was charmed by this handsome, life-loving man. Yet every time Mike tried to get closer to Samantha, he ran into a brick wall. Now, as he helps her unravel her grandmother's past--and the dangerous truth about a fateful spring night in 1928 and a seductive jazz singer--Mike slowly reawakens the joy and affection Samantha had buried long ago...… (more)
Member:MiriamPatino
Title:Sweet Liar
Authors:Jude Deveraux (Author)
Info:Pocket Books (1993), 448 pages

Work Information

Sweet Liar by Jude Deveraux

Jude Deveraux is an author I first read many years ago and while some of her books definitely do not age well I do think the Montgomery/Taggert saga books do continue to be basically enjoyable to read. I have always enjoyed the interactions her characters have had and the places she sets the story. The plot can be a bit thin but overall I think it's a good beach read. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
9 ( )
  Lvkidsbooks | Nov 11, 2016 |
I really love this book and love every Jude Deveraux book about the Taggarts and Montgomery families. This is not a story where the girl is just so in love with the guy from day one. Mike really had to work to get Sam and they really have to work out a lot of her issues with love and intimacy before they can really fall in love. I liked seeing Sam grow from from being a scared doormat to a strong confident woman. I truly enjoyed the scenes from the past during the prohibition era during the 1920s with the mobsters that caused a lasting impact on Sam's family spanning over about 60 years. I am really in love with the characters in this story. I have seriously probably read this book at least 5 times. ( )
  SweetLiar | May 5, 2016 |
This book was interesting enough to finish and the ending was exciting but I got frustrated with lack of honesty and people hiding their secrets way too long. Samantha's father dies but his will says she must live in NY and find her grandma before she gets inheritance. Her landlord Mike decides when to release her money.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
early - during the lost period so not sure when read but remember it was good. ( )
  afarrington | Aug 20, 2011 |
...he’d like to pick her up and carry her back to his house and keep her there, maybe forever. But if she wanted something from him first, like maybe for him to climb to the heavens, pick up a dozen or so stars, string them together, and hang them in her bedroom, he thought he would like to know so he could start tying ladders together.

Jude Deveraux is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,299,426 books! | Top bar: Always visible