Feasting on Asphalt: The River Run by Alton…

Feasting on Asphalt: The River Run (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Alton Brown (Author)

Chronicles the motorcycle trip of the chef and his crew as they sample traditional and local foods from off-the-beaten-path restaurants and diners located along the Mississippi River, from Louisiana to Minnesota.
Member:Hexis
Title:Feasting on Asphalt: The River Run
Authors:Alton Brown (Author)
Info:Stewart, Tabori and Chang (2008), Edition: First edition., 208 pages

Feasting on Asphalt: The River Run by Alton Brown (2008)

Recently added byprivate library, jsfarmer, Pigg, fuzzydave, Hexis, Shawn01752, dallasmomma, amackey, kb919, carneliantopsoil

This was a fun book to read through. I found a few more little places to stop when we road trip. ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
An interesting collection of real, cornpone, mid-American cuisine based on a biker journey following the geography of the Mississippi river cutting through the middle of the States. ( )
  JayLivernois | Oct 15, 2017 |
Witty, informative and eminently enjoyable, like Brown's "Good Eats". The recipes look fun, if often unhealthy or unkosher, and I love the stories and photos from the road. ( )
  bostonian71 | Aug 19, 2013 |
As a foodie, I watched this series on the Food Network years ago and loved it. This book was a great reminder of the show and tales of the different places Alton visited along the Mississippi river. I love Alton Brown and everything he does and this book is no exception.

For the rest of the review, visit my book blog at: http://angelofmine1974.livejournal.com/53912.html ( )
  booklover3258 | Feb 8, 2013 |
Wonderful tales and photos from this trip. Recipes found on the road. I've been serving the best bread pudding found on this trip for over 2 years now! Cookbooks have become some of my favorite reads. ( )
  mchwest | May 4, 2012 |
Wherever we stop, people always ask,"what's with the bikes?"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,582,596 books! | Top bar: Always visible