Hollywood Crows: A Novel by Joseph Wambaugh

Hollywood Crows: A Novel (edition 2008)

by Joseph Wambaugh (Author)

Member:rakbooks
Title:Hollywood Crows: A Novel
Authors:Joseph Wambaugh (Author)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2008), Edition: Reprint, 431 pages

Hollywood Crows by Joseph Wambaugh

I have read a number of Wambaugh's books and Hollywood Crows doesn't disappoint. Wambaugh superbly blends humour, drama, tragedy and action into a well-paced story. I enjoy the way he develops the characters in each novel through dialog and action.
Hollywood Crows sees some L.A. cops knee deep in a double murder and suicide as a result of some poor choices. A really enjoyable read. ( )
  PhillipThomas | Feb 23, 2016 |
The CROWS (Community Relations Office) is a division of Hollywood P.D. All become involved, in one way or another, with a bitter divorce between an arab, top-less bar owner & his eye-candy wife. She plots to kill him & seduces a 'CROW' officer into her plan (he's totally unaware of his part) & the husband uses a petty theif, drug user to plot killing his wife. The circumstances which follow make for an entertaining read. Maybe not Wambaugh's best, but still good. ( )
  Tweellow | Nov 13, 2009 |
Another outstanding book by the master of the genre. Nobody can weave a story about the day to day stresses and humor of police work better than Wambaugh. I can't wait to read the next installment in the "Hollywood Station" series. ( )
  Paulslibrary | Nov 9, 2009 |
I love the way Wambaugh interlaces all the characters and plots. If you like novels about cops and what they deal with, you'll love anything from Wambaugh. He's the best there is in this genre. ( )
  marathoner | Jul 29, 2009 |
Within the LAPD division are a group of men and women known as the Hollywood Crows. They are different then your regular LAPD. Yes, they respond to the calls but they usually charged with dealing with all the desperate, unusal, and just plain wacko Hollywood.

One of the crows is Hollywood Nate Weiss. Nate is a stand up good guy as well as good-looking. During one of his routine stops, he meets a gorgeous woman by the name of Margot Aziz. Margot invites Nate over for dinner and some drinks. What Nate doesn’t know is that Margot is not an innocent woman. She is going through a nasty divorce. Her soon to be ex-husband is notorious nightclub owner, Ali Aziz. Ali dispises Margot, especially since she has custody of their son, Nicky. Before Nate knows it, he finds himself a pawn in a deadly game of revenge.

I loved every minute of this book.All of the Crows were great. I enjoyed everyone of them from Nate to the surfer cops. I couldn't stop laughing. I once read another one of Joseph Wambaugh’s books and it was good but not as great as Hollywood Crows. In fact I had a hard time sticking with the book. The difference between this time and last time is that I listened to the audio version of Hollywood Crows and I read the other book. I realize that for the future that I will now only listen to Mr. Wambaugh’s books. The reading was done by Christian Rummel, who just makes this book come alive. I look forward to Mr. Wambaugh’s next release. ( )
  Cherylk | Feb 5, 2009 |

In HOLLYWOOD CROWS, Wambaugh returns once again to the beat he knows best, taking readers on a tightly plotted and darkly funny ride-along through Los Angeles with a cast of flawed cops and eccentric lowlifes they won't soon forget.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:26 -0400)

When LAPD cops Hollywood Nate and Bix Rumstead find themselves caught up with bombshell Margot Aziz, they think they're just having some fun. But in Hollywood, nothing is ever what it seems. To them, Margot is a harmless socialite, stuck in the middle of an ugly divorce from the nefarious nightclub-owner Ali Aziz. What Nate and Bix don't know is that Margot's no helpless victim: the femme fatale is setting them both up. But Ms. Aziz isn't the only one with a deadly plan.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,214,022 books! | Top bar: Always visible