The Frugal Gourmet Cooks Three Ancient…

The Frugal Gourmet Cooks Three Ancient Cuisines: China, Greece, and Rome (edition 1989)

by Jeff Smith (Author)

A collection of over 400 recipes that give credit and appreciation to the ancient cuisines that influenced our Western eating habits.
Member:nvkiki
Title:The Frugal Gourmet Cooks Three Ancient Cuisines: China, Greece, and Rome
Authors:Jeff Smith (Author)
Info:William Morrow & Co (1989), 525 pages

The Frugal Gourmet Cooks Three Ancient Cuisines: China, Greece, and Rome by Jeff Smith

I enjoy all of The Frug's books, but this one was a particular favorite. So many cookbooks take a distinctly regional approach, so i really liked it that he combined these three disparate cuisines in one book.

As with all of his books, his love of people and history and each culture's particular approaches to cuisine come through on every page. I made so many of the dishes in this book and was never disappointed.

Once again, Smith wrote a cookbook that was as much an enjoyable read as it was a collection of recipes. ( )
  Oreillynsf | Jun 19, 2010 |
This book is more for historical reference than everyday use. Recipes were featured on WTTW- Chicago in the 1980's. ( )
1 vote readit2 | Aug 31, 2008 |
A good selection of recipes from China, Greece and Italy. In general, I like Smith's books - his recipes turn out well, and he provides interesting information, as well. ( )
2 vote herebedragons | Feb 10, 2007 |
TO MRS. MARY YOUNG

my adopted Chinese Auntie

who remains convinced that I was

Chinese inn a previous life...

I hope it is true

AND TO

COLONEL JOHN YOUNG

whose memory is on every page

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,712,963 books! | Top bar: Always visible