An Elephant & Piggie Book (I Love My New…

An Elephant & Piggie Book (I Love My New Toy!) (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Mo Willems (Author)

When Elephant accidentally breaks Piggie's new toy, they both experience intense feelings before coming to realize how important their friendship is.
Member:rachaelroberge
Title:An Elephant & Piggie Book (I Love My New Toy!)
Authors:Mo Willems (Author)
Info:Scholastic (2008), Edition: 1st

I Love My New Toy! by Mo Willems (2008)

The friends are back: Elephant and Piggie! Piggie is excited to play with his new toy and explore what it can do with Elephant. They learn that accidents happen, but we can make quick fixes when we work together. ( )
  kbengtson | Jan 12, 2019 |
Piggie is showing Gerald her new toy. They try to figure out what her new toy does. They throw it up in the air and when it comes back down it hits the ground and breaks. In the end, Gerald realizes its more fun playing with friends and not toys. ( )
  RikkiPerkins | Mar 5, 2018 |
Piggie has a new toy, but doesn't know exactly how to use it. After much experimentation, they find out that it is a break and snap toy.
  Auhewitt | Feb 4, 2018 |
What a great lesson - especially for my 2 little boys! ( )
  lissabeth21 | Oct 3, 2017 |
Piggie loves her new toy and gets "mad and sad" when Gerald (accidentally) breaks it. He apologizes, but Piggie's feelings don't change, since her toy is still broken. But then along comes squirrel, who recognizes the "break and snap toy." Piggie is sheepish, and asks if Gerald wants to play with her toy again; Gerald says no - he wants to play with Piggie, not her toy: "Friends are more fun than toys." Realistic emotions, humor, and friendship - classic Elephant & Piggie. ( )
  JennyArch | Aug 8, 2017 |
To Lowell, Lee, and Chelsea
Hi, Piggie! What are you doing?

Gerald is careful. Piggie is not.
Piggie cannot help smiling. Gerald can.
Gerald worries so that Piggie does not have to.
Gerald and Piggie are best friends.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,401,592 books! | Top bar: Always visible