The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle by…

The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle (edition 2008)

by Jim Butcher, Ardian Syaf (Illustrator)

Member:sitasita
Title:The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle
Authors:Jim Butcher
Other authors:Ardian Syaf (Illustrator)
Info:Del Rey/Dabel Brothers (2008), Hardcover, 160 pages
Collections:To read

Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle by Jim Butcher

English (40)  German (1)  All (41)
This story was centered around the Chicago zoo and was really good! I'm hoping the library has more of these when I go tomorrow ( )
  JillKenna | Dec 21, 2017 |
A nice quick read to satisfy the longing I get for more Dresden Files in between books. This short story takes place as a graphic novel which is kinda cool, but I also kinda didn't love it because I picture all the characters in my head very differently (which is why I haven't checked out the TV show yet). Harry Dresden is called in to investigate a mysterious death at the zoo. It looks as if the night guard was murdered by the gorilla but hings aren't adding up. How did the gorilla get out or back in for that matter? The guard emptied his entire gun, where are the bullets? Something is fishy and Dresden the finest (and only openly practicing) wizard in Chicago is on the scene to help out his pal Lt. Murphy. A Fun, quick read. ( )
  ecataldi | Apr 13, 2017 |
I'm not sure why we needed a pre-quel, but this is a great Dresden story and definitely worth reading. ( )
  oswallt | Nov 25, 2016 |
This was the first Dresden Files graphic novel that I have read. The series is by far my favorite, and the graphic novel only adds to that. The realm that Butcher creates is beautiful and well crafted. His imagination, though, truly shines in the graphic novel. The characters are drawn to resemble the novel counterparts almost perfectly, even stated by Butcher himself in the introduction. The plot lives up to Butcher's other works, involving deep detective work, witty jokes and one liners, as well as a great mixture of action and dialogue. The story revolves around a murder that occurs at a zoo. Dresden is called in because it was a supernatural attack rather than a mortal one. The story unfolds as typical Dresden novels do, with Harry going after different leads until the twist at the end. However, also like typical Dresden novels, Harry isn't quite as behind on what is going on than what readers believe. The ending is satisfying and acts as an excellent introduction to the main novels to someone who has never read them before. I would highly recommend this story to anyone looking for a supernatural detective story or just an excellently written story in general. ( )
  Ross_Rodgers | Oct 31, 2016 |
Graphic novel set just prior to the Dresden Files books. Enjoyable, and I look forward to reading more. Slightly disconcerting in that the characters all look somewhat different then I've pictured for all these years. ( )
  duchessjlh | May 1, 2016 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionscalculated
Syaf, ArdianIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Welcome to the jungle. Like any jungle, it is a world of predators and prey.

Harry Dresden, the only professional wizard listed in the Chicago phone book, returns to take on new supernatural villains out to turn the world upside down, in an original graphic novel adventure based on the best-selling fantasy series.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,770,791 books! | Top bar: Always visible