The Sermon on the Mount (Lifeguide Bible Studies)

by John Stott

What does it mean to "seek first the kingdom of God" in our relationships, values, ambitions, finances and commitments? Jesus' answer to these questions amazed those who first heard the Sermon on the Mount. In this study guide, you'll dig deep into his startling and challenging message--the greatest sermon ever preached.This LifeGuide Bible Study features questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection. Leader's notes are included with information on study preparation, leading the study and small group components as well as helps for specific Bible passages covered in the study. Presented in a convenient workbook format and featuring the inductive Bible study approach, LifeGuides are thoroughly field-tested prior to publication; they're proven and popular guides for digging into Scripture on your own or with a small group.… (more)

Case 15 shelf 1
  semoffat | Sep 1, 2021 |
DISCO D: BACKUP / TEOLOGIA
VIDA CRISTIANA / GENERAL
  abdiel91 | Jun 2, 2020 |
This is one of the Lifeguide Bible Studies, which is generally a good small group study series. My former Sunday School class liked the Lifeguide format and consequently used many of the guides. So I have first-hand experience, in an actual classroom setting, using many of the books in this series.

I say all that to say this: This particular guide is the best, in my opinion, in this series. There are a couple of reasons for that. Some of the questions in these guides tend to be more subjectively focused on how you might feel about a particular passage or statement. The questions in this guide are more objectively focused on the actual text. The other reason is because the guide closely follows Stott's full-length book on this passage, which is also excellent (but that's another review).

All of that makes this a much better than average small group study guide.

Copied from my Amazon.com review:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R6Y47DBOIIGZS/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm ( )
  blw777 | Oct 25, 2016 |
13 studies of the greatest sermon ever preached, exploring what it means to seek first the Kingdom - in our relationships, values, ambitions, finances and commitment to God.
  RubislawLibrary | Dec 6, 2013 |
13 studies of the greatest sermon ever preached, exploring what it means to seek first the Kingdom - in our relationships, values, ambitions, finances & commitment to God.
  Rubislaw | Aug 13, 2013 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,340,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible