Ten in the Bed (1988)

by Penny Dale

Series: Ten in Bed (book 1)

There were ten in the bed and the little one said 'roll over' - but who were the ten? And what happened to them all after they rolled out of bed? All is revealed in this classic bedtime tale.

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Happy, happy memories for me of reading this book to my boys when they were toddlers :-)

Obviously, one to be read whilst snuggled up in bed. The words are easilyl learned and followed, but it's the illustrations which really make this such a magical book. Lots of expression, emotion and little things going on in the corners and edges to find and talk about.

We haven't kept all of the children's early-years books, but this one has a treasured place on our bookshelves and in our hearts. ( )
  Michael.Rimmer | Jun 14, 2016 |
Not my favorite rhyme or story but my five month old loves to be sung to so he gets very quiet and really enjoys this one. Also a good signing book for animals and numbers and the rhyme in general (which is part of the signing class we've taken). ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Penny Dale’s cozy take on a favorite nursery rhyme takes on new charm in a board book edition with an appealing new cover.

"There were ten in the bed and the little one said, 'Roll over, roll over!'
So they all rolled over and Hedgehog fell out. . . ."

One by one, nine friends roll over and fall out of a boy’s bed with a bang, a thump, or a plop until . . . "I’m cold! I miss you!" the boy says, and back in the bed they all go. In a sturdy board book begging many repeat readings, Penny Dale’s popular rendition of this childhood song is as warm and toasty as a feather bed (amazon).
  AmyStepaniuk | Sep 26, 2015 |
For Brian and Daphne
There were ten in the bed and the little one said, "Roll over, roll over!"

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,459,042 books! | Top bar: Always visible