Pope John Paul II by Tad Szulc

Pope John Paul II (edition 2007)

by Tad Szulc (Author)

Details the personal life and religious career of the Polish cleric who, in 1978, became the first non-Italian Pope in over four hundred years, and describes some of his activities as head of the Catholic Church.
Member:ctkmission
Title:Pope John Paul II
Authors:Tad Szulc (Author)
Info:Gallery Books (2007), 624 pages

Work Information

Pope John Paul II by Tad Szulc

Have read through it two times. Great read and history review of many things I was unaware of during his tenure as Pope.
SSJP parishioner ( )
  SSJP | May 9, 2015 |
2811 Pope John Paul II: The Biography, by Tad Szulc (read 24 Dec 1995) Some of this book was very interesting, but the recent years of this pontificate concern me. I am disturbed by some of the Pope's rigidity--forbidding even discussion of women priests seems far out. Certainly a new Pope will be more flexible in some things. But I presume we'll see a new century before we see a new Pope. [These are my recorded reactions to the book--which I have not edited in inserting this "review."] ( )
  Schmerguls | Feb 16, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,953,672 books! | Top bar: Always visible