Dirt on My Shirt

by Jeff Foxworthy

Other authors: Steve Bjorkman (Illustrator)

In this hilarious collection of poems, comedian Jeff Foxworthy creates a neighborhood filled with fun, family, friends, and more. Here you'll meet Cousin Lizzy, Uncle Ed and Aunt Foo Foo, cows with horns that don't go beep, dads in sweaters, also sheep. From the thrill of flying to the imaginary planet Woosocket to bonding with a friend over a shared hatred of spinach, these poems capture the very essence of being a kid.--From publisher description.… (more)

Patterns for a pink polo, a casual polo and a sleeveless polo.
  BLTSbraille | Oct 29, 2021 |
Poems have been hand selected for beginning readers to enjoy. Form meeting Auntie Brooke and Uncle Keith to searching for tadpoles and snakes, a young reader will love discovering Jeff's vibrant neighborhood all for themselves. Filled to the brim with hilarious poems and beautiful art.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 13, 2021 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
After reading this book, I had mixed feelings about it. I liked that the illustrations in the book go along with the poems that are on each page, which helped to tell what was going on in each poem. For example, if the poem is talking about a fishing and all the different types of sea animals that he could catch, they were in the picture. I also liked there was only one boy that was depicted throughout the entire book which helped to have a sense of unity and tie it all together. One thing that I did not like was that most of the poems in the book had end rhyme for each line. I wish that they all did not rhyme to show children that not all poems have to rhyme and to show different styles of poetry. The poems are simple poems that express much detail, which is filled in by the illustrations. This collection of poems follows a boy, his life and problems and some of the people that are in his life. ( )
  hknapp2 | Mar 1, 2020 |

Jeff Foxworthyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bjorkman, SteveIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

I Can Read (Level 2)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,517,273 books! | Top bar: Always visible