Down The Winding Road

by Angela Johnson

1821,190,869 (3.67)None
The annual summer visit to the country home of the Old Ones, the uncles and aunts who raised Daddy, brings joy and good times.

Like any visit with family, they always have stories to tell and reminisce about. I thought back to my days of spending summers in Mississippi at my aunt and uncle's house where I learned to swim in the kidney shaped pool, fish, tube behind a boat, rode a jet ski, rode four wheelers and go karts, etc. I take my kids there every now and again and they swim in the same pool I used! It truly is crazy how somethings change, but always stay the same. ( )
  Ashley.Miller | Sep 5, 2018 |
A brother and sister go out of town to visit their aunts and uncles who they don't get to see often. While they are there they walk down the road and listen to all of the stories their aunts and uncles tell. After a full day of stories and adventures it is time for the boy and girl to leave. This is great to use in a family unit. Especially since most students can relate to having relatives far away that they see only so often. The illustrator also did a great job with all the details in the pictures of the aunts and uncles faces. ( )
  Eclouse | Feb 8, 2012 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,571,849 books! | Top bar: Always visible