Subterranean: A Thriller by James Rollins

Subterranean: A Thriller (edition 2018)

by James Rollins (Author)

"Edge-of-your-seat excitement."--San Francisco Chronicle Beneath the ice at the bottom of the Earth is a magnificent subterranean labyrinth, a place of breathtaking wonders--and terrors beyond imagining. A team of specialists led by archaeologist Ashley Carter has been hand-picked to explore this secret place and to uncover the riches it holds. But they are not the first to venture here--and those they follow did not return. There are mysteries here older than time and revelations that could change the world. But there are also things that should not be disturbed--and a devastating truth that could doom Ashley and the expedition: they are not alone. The Earth's last mystery is about to be revealed... The world beneath the world is waiting. "One of the world's best storytellers."--Huffington Post… (more)
Member:ScottH4570
Title:Subterranean: A Thriller
Authors:James Rollins (Author)
Info:William Morrow (2018), Edition: Reprint, 560 pages

Subterranean by James Rollins

Subterranean
by James Rollins
I like books that have some exploration that discovers something amazing but hazardous too. The danger could be real or fantasy, a person or otherworldly, and the discovery itself could change history. This book has these things.
I have read a couple of this author's books but it's been ages. I liked them a lot so I saw this at the library and grabbed it.

I liked the suspense, creatures, very unique indigenous people, and I especially liked Ben's blood related talent. (You will understand when you read it or if you're part Australian aboriginal people in origin.)

I liked the characters, the world building, and plot. Great ending too! Don't recommend if you're claustrophobic. ( )
  MontzaleeW | Mar 21, 2021 |
Interesting book and story. Enjoyed it... ( )
  rendier | Dec 20, 2020 |
I love James Rollins books, however, Subterranean is not one of my favorites. It's not bad, I love the whole world below the surface with strange creatures, and of course, the fact that this team that is sent to explore is not the first team sent down, not that they know that.

Alas, there is a kid in the story since the mom most definitely didn't want to leave him back with her ex, but he will be safe as the base. Yes, I saw right from the start that that wouldn't end well. Unfortunately, I could also see that the kid would be one of those "save the day" kids who just HAPPENS to overhear or find something that will save the day. Then, we have the romance story in the book....sigh. Will not even approach that storyline. All and all, not a bad book, but not I would recommend among Rollins books. Still, if you like stories with dangerous creatures, then you might want to check this book out. ( )
  MaraBlaise | May 19, 2019 |
You don’t read James Rollins, expecting a completely realistic story, it’s going to inevitably be far-fetched. Unbelievable, not only describes the tale, it also relates to how well his stories are written. I see the name James Rollins on a book cover, and know I will absolutely enjoy the read.

Intelligent civilizations living under Antarctica? This tale might just make you wonder! As with all James Rollins tomes, the characters are interesting and well developed. “Subterranean “ is a nice escape from reality, and a mesmerizing experience. ( )
  bearlyr | Mar 18, 2019 |
4.5 Stars. I enjoyed this book, especially the second half where I didn't want to put it down. A very good effort seeing as it was the first book he had published. ( )
  Andrew-theQM | Jun 20, 2016 |

Rollins, Jamesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Targete, Jean PierreCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Great God! This is an awful place.

Found scrawld in the journal of the failed South Pole Explorer Robert F. Scott
For John Clemens
Mount Erebus, Antarctica
Blue ice encased the continent from horizon to horizon, scoured to a gritty shine by gale-force winds ripping shards across the frozen landscape.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,339,678 books! | Top bar: Always visible