The 13th Juror (Dismas Hardy Book 4) by John…

The 13th Juror (Dismas Hardy Book 4) (original 1994; edition 2005)

by John Lescroart (Author)

Series: Dismas Hardy (4)

A legal thriller featuring a battered San Francisco wife accused of shooting both her husband and her seven-year-old son. When the trial opens she refuses to allow a defense of spousal abuse because of its implication of guilt. Which presents her lawyer, the narrator, with a major problem as the prosecution claims she killed the husband for the insurance.… (more)
Member:Plant2flower
Title:The 13th Juror (Dismas Hardy Book 4)
Authors:John Lescroart (Author)
Info:Berkley (2005), 562 pages

Work Information

The 13th Juror by John Lescroart (1994)

This is another Dismis Hardy story - the ex-policeman, kind of lawyer guy. It's long - in fact, I picked it up off the used bookshelf because it was fat and I needed a nice long read. This one fit the bill perfectly. Dismis is trying to decide what to do with his life. He's had good offers from real law firms but he can't bring himself to do it. So he rents space from the best, most odious defense lawyer in town. And while his landlord is tied up in court, Dismis gets the case that propels him through this book. Did Jennifer Witt kill her doctor husband and small son or not? A fine read. ( )
  susandennis | Jun 5, 2020 |
A little long but good. ( )
  TromboneAl | May 4, 2018 |
Match found in the German National Library.
  glsottawa | Apr 4, 2018 |
The 4th book in the Dismas Hardy series. An easy read if you are looking for something light. ( )
  GeneHunter | Mar 13, 2016 |
5304. The 13th Juror A Novel by John T. Lescroart (read 19 Aug 2015) I recently heard of this author and since I want to read good fiction involving lawyers decided to read something by him. This book is the fourth involving Dismas Hardy, but since it is supposed to be complete in its own right I did not feel I needed to read prior books involving the same characters. Early on I was disturbed that the book referred to prior events in the life of Dismas Hardy, the lawyer who is the main character, but after a while that did not bother. I was, as usual, bothered by actions of the lawyers and judge which did not comport with what I thought was legal reality--the author is not a lawyer and i thought that showed. Dismas (I did admire the name, no doubt the only person named Dismas in legal fiction. Dismas was, of course, the Good Thief crucified with Jesus). He is involved in the defense of a battered wife accused of killing her husband and 7-year-old son. There is lots of court action, and various unlikely suggestions as to evil being done, but the way the scenario is worked out I did not find satisfactory and I have decided that I need read nothing more by Lescroart. ( )
  Schmerguls | Aug 19, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

We would give her more consideration, when we judge a woman, if we knew how difficult it is to be a woman. - P. Geraldy. The fickleness of the women I love is only equaled by the infernal constancy of the women who love me. - George Bernard Shaw
To my brothers, Michael and Emmett
Jennifer Witt rechecked the table.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,343,089 books! | Top bar: Always visible