Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

We of the Never-Never and The Little Black…

We of the Never-Never and The Little Black Princess (A&R Classics)

101None216,807 (3.2)2
In 1902 Jeannie Gunn a Melbourne schoolteacher went with her new husband to live on the remote Elsey cattle station near the Roper River in the Northern Territory. Though she spent little more than a year there her experiences in the outback and her contact with the local Aborigines impressed her deeply and on her return to Melbourne she set down her recollections in two books We of the Never Never and the Little Black Princess. These books have become classics of Australian literature beloved by generations. They are presented here in a special condensed edition for the enjoyment of today's readers.… (more)
Member:JCarmody
Title:We of the Never-Never and The Little Black Princess (A&R Classics)
Authors:
Info:HarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd

Work Information

We of the Never-Never ; and, The little black princess by Mrs. Aeneas Gunn

No reviews
We of the Never-Never
Chapter 1 - The Unknown Woman : To begin somewhere near the beginning, the Maluka - better known at that time as the new Boss for the Elsey - and I, his "missus", were at Darwin in the Northern Territory, waiting for the train that was to take us just as far as it could - one hundred and fifty miles - on our way to the Never-Never.

The little black princess
Chapter 1 - Bett-Bett : Bett-Bett must have been a princess, for she was a king's neice; and, if that does not make a princess of anyone, it ought to do so.
combined and condensed edition (ISBNs: 0207145237, 0207145318, 0207156808, 0858357097) of two works; please do not combine with individual works or any full-length combined edition.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,309,192 books! | Top bar: Always visible