SantaThing signup ends Monday at 12pm Eastern US. Check it out!
dismiss

Harbrace College Handbook 12ED (Hodges'…

Harbrace College Handbook 12ED (Hodges' Harbrace Handbook with APA Update… (original 1941; edition 1994)

by John C Hodges (Author)

The Thirteenth Edition of the Harbrace has, for the first time, a brief edition. The chapter order is the same as the one for the Harbrace College Handbook, Thirteenth Edition. We removed the exercises and reduced the length of the individual chapters. However, the coverage in the remaining chapters is more detailed than any other brief handbook, and the Harbrace College Handbook, Brief Thirteenth Edition has the physical characteristics you expect of a brief handbook -- comb binding and plastic tabs.… (more)
Member:dgoepfrich
Title:Harbrace College Handbook 12ED (Hodges' Harbrace Handbook with APA Update Card)
Authors:John C Hodges (Author)
Info:Harcourt Brace* Co (1994), Edition: 12th, 544 pages

Work Information

Harbrace College Handbook by John C. Hodges (1941)

What can one say about a reference book?
  repsac3 | Dec 28, 2012 |
This an old standard, even if my edition is also a bit dated Sections that are particularly good, not always covered by other such books are an example of writing an entire composition with detailed explanation, how to be exact - using a dictionary to help , transitions between paragraphs, paragraph development ( )
  carterchristian1 | May 5, 2010 |
A concise reference, though not as compact as it would be without hundreds of exercises. It's written as a system for writing, proofreading, and assessing. ( )
  jpsnow | Aug 2, 2009 |
A wonderful friend when it came time to writing those research papers for undergraduate school. No, we didn't have web generated biographies. Instead we did it the old-fashion way: pencil, paper, our handbook, and patience. ( )
1 vote stevetempo | Oct 12, 2008 |
Throughout the years of my higher education in the 1950s and '60s, I got A's on all of my essays, term papers, and lab reports with the help of my American College Dictionary and my Harbrace College Handbook. Whenever I was writing, my Harcourt Brace and my ACD were always within arm's reach. ( )
2 vote MrJack | Sep 30, 2008 |

John C. Hodgesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Connolly, Francis X.main authorsome editionsconfirmed
Glenn, Cherylmain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Webb, Suzanne S.main authorsome editionsconfirmed
Whitten, Mary E.main authorsome editionsconfirmed
A key to good writing is to possess or develop sentence sense. (10th edition, page 2)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,340,295 books! | Top bar: Always visible