The Clue of the Dancing Puppet by Carolyn…

The Clue of the Dancing Puppet (original 1962; edition 1962)

by Carolyn Keene (Author)

Series: Nancy Drew (39)

When the eerie performances of a life-size puppet begin to haunt the old Van Pelt estate, where an amateur acting group - The Footlighters - have their theater, Nancy Drew is called upon to unravel the baffling mystery. From the moment the detective and her friends Bess and George arrive at the mansion, the dancing puppet puzzle is further complicated by Tammi Whitlock, the Footlighters' temperamental leading lady, and Emmet Calhoun, a Shakespearean actor. Nancy's search of the mansion's dark, musty attic for clues to the weird mystery starts a frightening chain reaction. A phone call from a stranger with a witchlike, cackling voice warns her to "Get out!" Next an encounter with two jewel theft suspects adds another perplexing angle to the puzzle. When Nancy finally sees the life-size puppet flitting across the moonlit lawn and chases it, she learns that someone with a sinister motive is determined to keep her form solving the case. Is it one of the Footlighters? Or is it an outsider?… (more)
Member:Belter5
Title:The Clue of the Dancing Puppet
Authors:Carolyn Keene (Author)
Info:Grosset & Dunlap (1962), 192 pages

Work Information

The Clue of the Dancing Puppet by Carolyn Keene (1962)

A solid story. Really enjoyed this mystery, and the cover art is spooky wonderful. ( )
  JohnnyRue | Feb 19, 2023 |
Nancy is called upon to solve the case of the dancing puppet with the help of her friends. She is threatened, knocked unconscious more than once.
When she fills in as the lead in the play she is a great success. ( )
  nx74defiant | Mar 11, 2022 |
I absolutely loved Nancy Drew growing up. This was a series I latched on to for dear life and never let go. Anytime my mom and I would go to antique stores, we'd peruse the Nancy Drews and add them to the collection (oftentimes my mom had to make deals with me on how many I could buy). So, while I don't remember the exact details of each and every one, the entire series was amazing and really fed my love for reading (especially novels full of suspense and mystery). Thank you, Carolyn Keene, for giving us an intelligent female character to fall in love with in Nancy Drew! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 1, 2018 |
A very good Nancy drew book about a mysterious dancing ballerina puppet that has been appearing on the lawn of a mansion, where an amateur acting group has their theater. As Nancy tries to figure out who the puppet belongs to, and why it appears, it becomes clear that mysterious puppets are not the only thing wrong around the mansion. ( )
  Heather19 | Oct 30, 2007 |
"I wonder why Dad sent for me," Nancy said to Mr. Drew's pleasant secretary, as she waited in the outer room of his law offices.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 194,849,097 books! | Top bar: Always visible