HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Untamed (House of Night, Book 4) by P. C.…
Loading...

Untamed (House of Night, Book 4)

by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast (Author)

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
4,366921,127 (3.9)61
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 61 mentions

English (92)  German (1)  All (93)
Showing 1-5 of 92 (next | show all)
The books do keep getting better. That's because things finally happen. Mystical things. This whole novel covered the space of like two days, so a lot of it is Zoey moaning about stuff going on. Some serious stuff happens, and I feel like each novel is a single episode of a CW show. Totally. But hey, Zoey is optimistic that everything that's screwed up will be made right.

Even though I don't like calling to the elements and the whole priestess thing, I have to admit that I have a greater appreciation for my God. The way Zoey calls to her goddess on a regular basis, and how she has such great faith is an inspiring thing. Teaching kids about faith is cool. And this books deals with the prejudices between the "people of faith" and the vampyres. Allowing others to practice their beliefs is a good thing.

Their were a few moments that I thought were pretty cool. Nothing that made me gasp like the last novel. I really like Zoey's Grandmother and her Cherokee heritage and her spiritual powers.

The thing that I was left with in this book. Evil is real. So real, and we have to protect ourselves. (I already believed this, but the novel paints it in a realistic, fictional light.)

Oh, the best part was the Othello scene. When you get there, (about halfway through), you'll know what I mean. ( )
  LisaRector | Sep 28, 2017 |
It's building and getting better. I still think it's more chapter like, than novel like, but they are building to a crescendo.. I hope they can sustain the moment! ( )
  lollyletsgo | Aug 10, 2017 |
Una volta terminato questo quarto libro della saga “Marked” mi sono esplosi in mente due pensieri fondamentali.

Per prima cosa mi sono chiesta per quale motivo le Cast sentano il bisogno, oserei dire quasi maniacale, di introdurre personaggi su personaggi maschili e tutti, in qualche modo, attratti irrimediabilmente da Zoey. È superfluo specificare che la stessa Zoey non sa gestire le proprie emozioni e non ha la più pallida idea di chi scegliere? No, forse no.

Secondo pensiero è stato: Finalmente le cose si muovono!

Preciso, ho apprezzato i precedenti libri soprattutto perché ci ha permesso di assaporare e comprendere bene i vampiri della Cast che hanno molti tocchi originali, seppur non complessi. Ci siamo addentrati nella storia, conosciuto e amato i personaggi… ed era proprio ora che la trama evolvesse.

Le autrici non ci deludono e devo dire che questo libro è davvero scoppiettante.

Uno dei personaggi che ho rivalutato di più è proprio Afrodite. È sempre una stronza egocentrica ma ha dei picchi di sferzante gentilezza che spiazzata e soprattutto, ho apprezzato da morire il suo sparare a zero contro tutto e tutti. Il che la porta molto spesso a difendere la stessa Zoey, non è ironico?

Decisamente bello il “rientro” di Erik con la sua rabbia e la scena d’amore/odio imposta a Zoey al corso di recitazione. Niente male.

E, soprattutto, direi che un bel passo in avanti è stato fatto con Stevie Rae che, nei precedenti libri seppur simpatica tendeva a fare la parte della smidollata. La sua presa di posizione e i suoi piccoli scatti d’ira mi lasciano presagire un’evoluzione decisamente positiva per questo personaggio!

Invece, ho decisamente storto la bocca nel leggere il riferimento a Ink Exchange della Marr… arrivare a farsi pubblicità fra di loro è così di cattivo gusto!

Purtroppo questo, o per fortuna, questo libro non ci da molte risposte. È il classico libro che ci “toglie la sete con il prosciutto”, o meglio che ci lascia intravedere qualcosa ma ci lascia con l’ansia e il fiato sospeso.

Non ci resta che attendere il prossimo libro. ( )
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
I really like this series but I feel that the author may be starting to lose sight of where she intended it to go. Even though there are things like i've said that I feel aren't really as good as before I still plan to read the rest of the series. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
Another great story in the House of Night Series. Now we find Zoey Redbird feeling alone since the last book. Aphrodite has returned and is still mean but can be nice. Zoey and Aphrodite are starting to become good friends.

Finally Zoe comes clean and tells her friends everything about Stevie Rae, Neferet and why she could not let them in on knowing everything. The fact that Neferet is a physic and would be able to find out that Zoe and her friends know what is going on is why her friends had to be kept in the dark.

Now that they all know they are willing to help Zoey and Aphrodite at any time. I loved how Zoey has grown into her powers. She is starting to realize that she can do great things and is staying on the good side of everything.

Zoey's grandmother also makes an appearance in this book. We also meet the Sisters of the Stray Cat Rescue. I loved the Sisters!! They were entertaining. There is evil being raised. Zoe and her friends must stop this raising during a cleansing ritual. Will they be able to prevent the demons being raised that would kill all those who are human and stand in the way of the 'True Goddess'?

The ending left me a little sad but I am very interested in seeing what the next book has in store. ( )
  crazy4reading | Mar 4, 2017 |
Showing 1-5 of 92 (next | show all)
I love the serial.
added by omacahuang | editTaiwan
 

» Add other authors (2 possible)

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
P. C. Castprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cast, KristinAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
This one is for the students, past and present, of South Intermediate High School in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Thanks for your enthusiasm, sense of humor, and support for the series. SIHS is the best!

Also for the ladies of Tulsa Street Cats. They're not nuns, but they do qualify as cat saints!
First words
The caw! caw! cawing! of one stupid crow kept me up all night.
Quotations
(p 192)

It is the cause, it is the cause, my soul;
let me not name it to you, you chaste stars,
it is the cause. I'll not shed her blood,
nor scar that whiter skin of hers than snow…
(p 193)

…I know nowhere is that Promethean heat
that can thy light relume. When I have pluck'd thy rose,
I cannot give it vital growth again,
It needs must wither. I'll smell thee on the tree.
(p 193)

I must weep, but they are cruel tears. This sorrow's heavenly,
it strikes where it doth love. She wakes.
(p 203-204)

Ancient one sleeping, waiting to arise
When earth's power bleeds sacred red
The mark strikes true; Queen Tsi Sgili will devise
He shall be washed from his entombing bed

Through the hand of the dead he is free
Terrible beauty, monstrous sight
Ruled again they shall be
Women shall kneel to his dark might

Kalona's song sounds sweet
As we slaughter with cold heat
(p 210)

Ancient one sleeping, waiting to arise
When earth's power bleeds sacred red
The mark strikes true; Queen Tsu Sgili will devise
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (4)

Book description
Haiku summary

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312596308, Hardcover)

Life sucks when your friends are pissed at you.

Just ask Zoey Redbird – she’s become an undisputed expert on suckiness. In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a tight-knit group of friends who trusted and supported her, to being an outcast.  And the worst part is, she knows it’s her own fault.  Speaking of friends, the only two Zoey has left are undead, unMarked, and unable to stop bickering with each other.  So who can blame her for befriending the House of Night’s newest transfer student, the majorly hot Olympic archer, James Stark?  

Meanwhile, Neferet has declared a war on humans after it appears that the People of the Faith have murdered two vampyres.  But Aphrodite’s latest visions show a world completely different from the High Priestess’s promises, a world full of violence, hatred, and darkness, all because of Zoey’s death—and the only way it seems she can prevent it from happening is to make things right with her friends.  Zoey knows in her heart that fighting with humans is wrong. But will anyone listen to her?  Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened in PC and Kristin Cast's spellbinding fourth House of Night novel.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:59 -0400)

(see all 2 descriptions)

Life sucks when your friends are pissed at you. Just ask Zoey Redbird - she's become an expert on suckiness. In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a close group of friends who trusted and supported her, to being an outcast. Speaking of friends, the only two Zoey has left are undead and unMarked. And Neferet has declared war on humans, which Zoey knows in her heart is wrong. But will anyone listen to her? Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened in PC and Kristin Cast's spellbinding fourth House of Night novel.… (more)

» see all 7 descriptions

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
214 avail.
200 wanted
1 pay2 pay

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (3.9)
0.5 3
1 19
1.5 3
2 67
2.5 14
3 232
3.5 47
4 403
4.5 21
5 361

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,655,102 books! | Top bar: Always visible