Another Man's Moccasins by Craig Johnson

Another Man's Moccasins (2008)

by Craig Johnson

Series: Walt Longmire (4)

Called to investigate when a dead Vietnamese girl is found along a Wyoming highway, Longmire and deputies have little to go on. Near the crime scene, however, Longmire discovers Virgil White Buffalo, a homeless Indian and Vietnam vet who happens to have the girl's purse. Longmire retrieves a photograph from the purse--a photo that reminds him of his first investigation as a Marine detective in Vietnam. Longmire is sure that the two crimes--separated by 40 years--are connected, but old enemies lie in wait to thwart his search for answers. SOFT
  JRCornell | Jan 29, 2019 |
I this book sort of convoluted and hard to stay interested in. But, I slogged through it. Gets into Walt Longmire's background in Vietnam and boosts our understanding of his character. That got me to counting decades and it puts our sheriff Walt somewhere in his 60s....hmmm. Those VietNam flashbacks were a bit hard to follow in the listening mode. There is a certain reason for that slow read. I like Longmire. But . . . he is tough to take. I'll continue for now.... ( )
  buffalogr | Oct 18, 2018 |
Books don’t get better than this for me. Series just keeps getting better. ( )
  blueraven57 | May 2, 2018 |
Always a good read, but this one was one of the best so far. Gets into Walt Longmire's background in Vietnam and boosts our understanding of his character. ( )
  LJCain | Feb 15, 2018 |
Series continues to be enjoyable - this story line deals quite a bit with Walt (and Henry's) experiences in Vietnam. ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |

Craig Johnsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Aslanides, SophieTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
guidall, georgeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mollica, GregCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez, María PorrasTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Welch, DarrenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Great spirit, grant that I may not criticize my neighbor until I have walked a mile in his moccasins. -- Old Indian Prayer
For Bill Bower and all those crazy bastards who flew off the USS Hornet and into those cold, gray skies on the morning on April 18, 1942 -- and everybody who ever threw a salute before and after.
"Two more."

A murder victim might connect to Walt’s past in this enthralling novel from the New York Times bestselling author of The Cold Dish and As the Crow Flies, the fourth in the Walt Longmire Mystery Series, the basis for LONGMIRE, the hit A&E original drama series

Fans of Ace Atkins, Nevada Barr and Robert B. Parker will love the fourth mystery in New York Times bestselling author Craig Johnson's award-winning Walt Longmire series , the basis for LONGMIRE, the hit A&E original drama series, is not to be missed. It delivers more of the taut prose, engrossing characters, beautiful Wyoming setting, and satisfying depth that reviewers have been hailing since his first book, The Cold Dish. In Another Man's Moccasins, the body of a Vietnamese woman dumped along the Wyoming interstate opens a baffling case for Sheriff Longmire, whose only suspect is a Crow Indian with a troubled past. But things get even stranger when a photograph turns up in the victim's purse that ties her murder to one from Longmire's past-a case he tackled as a Marine Corps investigator forty years earlier in Vietnam.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:18 -0400)

Called to investigate when a dead Vietnamese girl is found along a Wyoming highway, Longmire and deputies have little to go on. Near the crime scene, however, Longmire discovers Virgil White Buffalo, a homeless Indian and Vietnam vet who happens to have the girl's purse. Longmire retrieves a photograph from the purse--a photo that reminds him of his first investigation as a Marine detective in Vietnam. Longmire is sure that the two crimes--separated by 40 years--are connected, but old enemies lie in wait to thwart his search for answers.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,227,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible