dismiss

Another Man's Moccasins: A Longmire…

Another Man's Moccasins: A Longmire Mystery (original 2008; edition 2009)

by Craig Johnson (Author)

In this fourth installment, Longmire is called to investigate a dead Vietnamese girl found along the Wyoming highway.
Member:barbgarcia1987
Title:Another Man's Moccasins: A Longmire Mystery
Authors:Craig Johnson (Author)
Info:Penguin Books (2009), Edition: Reprint, 336 pages
Tags:western series, modern, Walt Longmire, sheriff, murder, Absaroka County, paperback

Another Man's Moccasins by Craig Johnson (2008)

Flash backs to Vietnam and a 7 ft Indian. Good book but it seems the Johnson just misses a great book. Just seems to be a little something missing. Good sense of place. Henry and Vic are much more aggro in the books. They are different enoough from the series. As is Walt. ( )
  JBreedlove | Feb 2, 2020 |
Love the style of the Longmire series. Easy going, western, ironic humor. This story is right up there with the good ones. ( )
  tjsween | Aug 24, 2019 |
Called to investigate when a dead Vietnamese girl is found along a Wyoming highway, Longmire and deputies have little to go on. Near the crime scene, however, Longmire discovers Virgil White Buffalo, a homeless Indian and Vietnam vet who happens to have the girl's purse. Longmire retrieves a photograph from the purse--a photo that reminds him of his first investigation as a Marine detective in Vietnam. Longmire is sure that the two crimes--separated by 40 years--are connected, but old enemies lie in wait to thwart his search for answers. SOFT
  JRCornell | Jan 29, 2019 |
I this book sort of convoluted and hard to stay interested in. But, I slogged through it. Gets into Walt Longmire's background in Vietnam and boosts our understanding of his character. That got me to counting decades and it puts our sheriff Walt somewhere in his 60s....hmmm. Those VietNam flashbacks were a bit hard to follow in the listening mode. There is a certain reason for that slow read. I like Longmire. But . . . he is tough to take. I'll continue for now.... ( )
  buffalogr | Oct 18, 2018 |
Books don’t get better than this for me. Series just keeps getting better. ( )
  blueraven57 | May 2, 2018 |

Craig Johnsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Aslanides, SophieTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
guidall, georgeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mollica, GregCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez, María PorrasTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Welch, DarrenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Great spirit, grant that I may not criticize my neighbor until I have walked a mile in his moccasins. -- Old Indian Prayer
For Bill Bower and all those crazy bastards who flew off the USS Hornet and into those cold, gray skies on the morning on April 18, 1942 -- and everybody who ever threw a salute before and after.
"Two more."

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 143,752,564 books! | Top bar: Always visible