Paper Towns (Hardcover) by John Green…

Paper Towns (Hardcover) (edition 2008)

by John Green (Author)

Member:adarcang
Title:Paper Towns (Hardcover)
Authors:John Green (Author)
Info:Dutton Books (2008), Unknown Binding

Paper Towns by John Green

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (kathleen.morrow)
    To Jaykae: Life Stinx by Jean Davies Okimoto (thesundaybookreport)
    Winter Town by Stephen Emond (faither)
    Reality Check by Peter Abrahams (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: The search for someone missing, a girl friend (Reality Check) and an ideal girl (Paper Towns) becomes a voyage of self-discovery for high school boys in different mysteries, one dialogue-rich and character-driven, the other plot-driven and suspenseful.… (more)
    Looking for Alaska by John Green (chwiggy)
    Le Grand Meaulnes by Alain-Fournier (Cecilturtle)
    Cecilturtle: Dnas les deux on retrouve des locaux plus ou moins fictifs dans lesquels les personnages trouvent l'amour
    The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (chwiggy)
    The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson (FFortuna)
    Just One Day by Gayle Forman (FFortuna)
    Flash Burnout by L. K. Madigan (foggidawn)
    The Ashford Affair by Lauren Willig (FFortuna)
    FFortuna: "It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, full to bursting, and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined." - John Green
    Almost Perfect by Brian Katcher (Runa)
    Runa: Similar endings
    Freaks Like Us by Susan Vaught (Runa)
    As Simple As Snow by Gregory Galloway (Runa)

English (390)  Spanish (5)  German (2)  Dutch (2)  Italian (1)  All languages (400)
Really, it's 3.5 stars, I more than "liked it" but didn't "love it". Quentin is in love with his neighbor Margo, has been since they were little kids. Margo is popular, smart, but has more than a bit of the wanderlust in her. She has big ideas and a disregard for rules. A month before graduation, Margo disappears leaving behind a seemingly undecipherable string of clues. Quentin decides it's up to him to find her. This was very well written, as is to be expected of John Green. He somehow has a huge handle on exactly what it's like in the mind of a teenager, which is interesting and refreshing. He isn't like most YA authors that talk down to their audience or take the easy way out of a situation and follow the typical "formula". I do recommend this to fans of Green's "The Fault In Our Stars"; it doesn't pack the same punch, but it is very good. I will read more from this author and look forward to the movie since he has a hand in them. ( )
  Jen_Bartels | May 31, 2016 |
Quentin "Q" Jacobsen has grown up next to Margo Roth Spiegleman, and he admires her from a distance. Margo takes Q on a midnight adventure that changes his life. The next day Margo disappears leaving clues for Q to find. He and his friends go to great lengths to find the mysterious girl. Do her clues help her to be found? Does she want to be found? Will Q find the answers he is looking for? ( )
  Kay_Downing | Apr 28, 2016 |
Teenage boy is obsessed with his neighbor, who leads him on a night full of risk and pranks before disappearing. He and his friends try to figure out clues she left behind in order to locate her. Good for high school. Recommend to students who enjoy John Green, light mystery, and/or realistic contemporary fiction. ( )
  KristineCA | Apr 26, 2016 |
Paper Towns is a story that'll keep you hooked until the very end. Q goes on a journey to find the love of his life who has recently gone missing. Throughout the story you see his transformation and you see him grow from shy and reserved to someone who is passionate and confident. Great coming of age story. ( )
  HBalicki | Apr 21, 2016 |
Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificent Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life—summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows. When their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Margo has disappeared. But Q soon learns that there are clues—and they’re for him. Embarking on an exhilarating adventure to find her, the closer Q gets, the less he sees the girl he thought he knew. ( )
  bpascoe | Apr 16, 2016 |
The narration of “Paper Towns” spends too much time in Quentin’s head, which, to be sure, is an entertaining place

John Greenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Frost, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Funfhausen, ChristianCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Miller, Dan JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And after, when we went outside to look at her finished lantern from the road, I said I liked the way her light shone through the face that flickered in the dark.
-"Jack O'Lantern," Katrina Vandenberg in Atlas
People say friends don't destroy one another What do they know about friends?
-"Game shows Touch Our Lives," The Mountain Goats
To Julie Strauss- Gabel, without whom none of this could have become real.
The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle.
Here's what's not beautiful about it: from here, you can't see the rust or the cracked paint or whatever, but you can tell what the place really is. You see how fake it all is. It's not even hard enough to be made of plastic. It's a paper town. I mean look at it, Q: look at all those cul-de-sacs, thoses streets that turn in on themselves, all the houses that were built to fall apart. All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm. All the paper kids drinking beer some bum bought for them at the paper convenience store. Everyone demented with the mania of owning things. All the things paper-thin and paper-frail. And all the people, too. I've lived here for eighteen years and I have never once in my life come across anyone who cares about anything that matters.
Margo was not a miracle. She was not a fine and precious thing. She was a girl.
I like finding stuff out about her. I mean, that I didn't know before. I had no idea who she really was. I honestly never thought of her as anything but my crazy beautiful friend who does all the crazy beautiful things.
What a treacherous thing it is to believe that a person is more than a person.
Nothing ever happens like you imagine it will," she says. "Yeah, that's true," I say. But then after I think about it for a second, I add, "But then again, if you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 014241493X, Paperback)

Two-time Printz Medalist John Green’s New York Times bestseller and Edgar Award nominee, now in paperback!

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge— he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues— and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:03 -0400)

One month before graduating from his Central Florida high school, Quentin "Q" Jacobsen basks in the predictable boringness of his life until the beautiful and exciting Margo Roth Spiegelman, Q's neighbor and classmate, takes him on a midnight adventure and then mysteriously disappears.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,001,565 books! | Top bar: Always visible