Paper Towns (Hardcover) by John Green…

Paper Towns (Hardcover) (edition 2008)

by John Green (Author)

5,226None847 (4.12)208
Member:adarcang
Title:Paper Towns (Hardcover)
Authors:John Green (Author)
Info:Dutton Books (2008), Unknown Binding

Paper Towns by John Green

2008 (26) adventure (36) coming of age (105) disappearance (33) fiction (321) Florida (107) friendship (116) graduation (37) high school (117) humor (41) John Green (47) love (27) missing persons (103) mystery (203) novel (25) Orlando (36) own (26) pranks (27) read (52) realistic fiction (55) relationships (34) road trip (152) romance (49) runaways (41) signed (33) teen (72) to-read (94) YA (263) young adult (305) young adult fiction (59)

English (256)  Dutch (2)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All languages (260)
John Green does not disappoint in this book of mystery, intrigue, and coming of age angst. Margo Roth Spiegleman is an interesting character in need of much help. Or maybe she is an over-thinker in a teen world where she is surrounded by non-thinking, partyholic popular people. It does make me rethink my youth and wonder why.
  AbundaBookworms | Apr 5, 2014 |
Strange, but after introducing myself to John Green last year, I've come to relish his unique ways of viewing the world. ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
Paper towns is an amazing book. From the beginning it had me hooked and the characters were so likable! This is the first john green novel I have ever read and it is sure not to be the last! ( )
  JessicaofAbbey | Mar 28, 2014 |
After discovering that Paper Towns will be a motion picture, I just had to reread the story. I absolutely adore John Green's writing style and the characterization he brings to life. I just hope that this movie does his writing justice. ( )
  kissedbyink | Mar 26, 2014 |
So so so so GOOD!
Here's why I loved it so much.

1. I loved the Storyline, it was entertaining and kept you hooked from the very first page.
2. I loved the characters, they were characters that you can actually start caring about, you want to know how things turn out for them, you root for them.
3. The writing was amazing, I had high expectations when picking up this book, because I have heard nothing but good things about John Green's writing, (He's also exceptionally funny on his vlog Brotherhood 2.0), my expectations were surpassed. Not only was it funny and engaging, but I could see a lot of his personality in the writing.
4. I love that Q corrects peoples grammar (I do this as well and am glad to know I'm not the only one)
5. It was a page turner.

Overall this is the best book I have read this year so far, and I would highly recommend it. I look forward to reading more John Green novels in future (I only wish I wasn't under a ban from buying books)

bookish92 | Mar 20, 2014 |
The narration of “Paper Towns” spends too much time in Quentin’s head, which, to be sure, is an entertaining place

John Greenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Frost, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Funfhausen, ChristianCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Miller, Dan JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And after, when we went outside to look at her finished lantern from the road, I said I liked the way her light shone through the face that flickered in the dark.
-"Jack O'Lantern," Katrina Vandenberg in Atlas
People say friends don't destroy one another What do they know about friends?
-"Game shows Touch Our Lives," The Mountain Goats
To Julie Strauss- Gabel, without whom none of this could have become real.
The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle.
pg. 57 Here's what's not beautiful about it: from here, you can't see the rust or the cracked paint or whatever, but you can tell what the place really is. You see how fake it all is. It's not even hard enough to be made of plastic. It's a paper town. I mean look at it, Q: look at all those cul-de-sacs, thoses streets that turn in on themselves, all the houses that were built to fall apart. All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm. All the paper kids drinking beer some bum bought for them at the paper convenience store. Everyone demented with the mania of owning things. All the things paper-thin and paper-frail. And all the people, too. I've lived here for eighteen years and I have never once in my life come across anyone who cares about anything that matters.
Margo was not a miracle. She was not a fine and precious thing. She was a girl.
I like finding stuff out about her. I mean, that I didn't know before. I had no idea who she really was. I honestly never thought of her as anything but my crazy beautiful friend who does all the crazy beautiful things.
What a treacherous thing it is to believe that a person is more than a person.
"Nothing ever happens like you imagine it will," she says. "Yeah, that's true," I say. But then after I think about it for a second, I add, "But then again, if you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 014241493X, Paperback)

Two-time Printz Medalist John Green’s New York Times bestseller and Edgar Award nominee, now in paperback!

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge— he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues— and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:42 -0400)

One month before graduating from his Central Florida high school, Quentin "Q" Jacobsen basks in the predictable boringness of his life until the beautiful and exciting Margo Roth Spiegelman, Q's neighbor and classmate, takes him on a midnight adventure and then mysteriously disappears.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,457,274 books! | Top bar: Always visible