Paper Towns (Hardcover) by John Green…

Paper Towns (Hardcover) (edition 2008)

by John Green (Author)

Member:adarcang
Title:Paper Towns (Hardcover)
Authors:John Green (Author)
Info:Dutton Books (2008), Unknown Binding

Paper Towns by John Green

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (kathleen.morrow)
    To Jaykae: Life Stinx by Jean Davies Okimoto (thesundaybookreport)
    Winter Town by Stephen Emond (faither)
    Reality Check by Peter Abrahams (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: The search for someone missing, a girl friend (Reality Check) and an ideal girl (Paper Towns) becomes a voyage of self-discovery for high school boys in different mysteries, one dialogue-rich and character-driven, the other plot-driven and suspenseful.… (more)
    Looking for Alaska by John Green (chwiggy)
    Le Grand Meaulnes by Alain-Fournier (Cecilturtle)
    Cecilturtle: Dnas les deux on retrouve des locaux plus ou moins fictifs dans lesquels les personnages trouvent l'amour
    The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (chwiggy)
    The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson (FFortuna)
    Just One Day by Gayle Forman (FFortuna)
    Flash Burnout by L. K. Madigan (foggidawn)
    The Ashford Affair by Lauren Willig (FFortuna)
    FFortuna: "It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, full to bursting, and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined." - John Green
    Almost Perfect by Brian Katcher (Runa)
    Runa: Similar endings
    Freaks Like Us by Susan Vaught (Runa)
    As Simple As Snow by Gregory Galloway (Runa)

English (393)  Spanish (5)  German (2)  Dutch (2)  Italian (1)  All languages (403)
¿Por qué aún no han hecho la película de este libro? ¿Por qué? ¿Por qué? ¿Por qué?

Amo -como el 99% de la humanidad- The Fault in Our Stars, pero después de la decepción que me llevé con Looking for Alaska, tenía miedo de leer algo más de John Green.

Bueno, me alegro de haberlo hecho. Esta historia es John en su máxima expresión. Diálogos divertidos, sin ser tontos. Historia con un buen trasfondo, sin ser pesada. Personajes únicos y memorables, sin parecer forzados.

Lo lograste de nuevo John Green, volví a enamorarme de ti. ( )
  Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |
Loved it - laugh out loud funny! ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
This was awesome! First John Green book I've read, and I am going to read more. I can't tell you how many times I laughed out loud at the dialogue. Everyone needs to read this! ( )
  butterfly58 | Jun 4, 2016 |
Quentin has had a crush on his neighbour, Margo Roth Spiegelman, since he was young. They are now seniors in high school, and shortly before the end of the year, Margo takes Quentin out all night to play practical jokes. The next day she disappears. Quentin is convinced she wants him to find her and has left clues for him to follow.

It was ok. It started off a bit better, I thought, but I didn't much like Margo, so I wasn't as crazy about it after she was introduced. I know I'm not a fan of practical jokes. Maybe I'm not a fan of antsy teenagers? I suppose in some books that don't bother me, but for some reason, this one was just “ok” for me. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jun 3, 2016 |
Really, it's 3.5 stars, I more than "liked it" but didn't "love it". Quentin is in love with his neighbor Margo, has been since they were little kids. Margo is popular, smart, but has more than a bit of the wanderlust in her. She has big ideas and a disregard for rules. A month before graduation, Margo disappears leaving behind a seemingly undecipherable string of clues. Quentin decides it's up to him to find her. This was very well written, as is to be expected of John Green. He somehow has a huge handle on exactly what it's like in the mind of a teenager, which is interesting and refreshing. He isn't like most YA authors that talk down to their audience or take the easy way out of a situation and follow the typical "formula". I do recommend this to fans of Green's "The Fault In Our Stars"; it doesn't pack the same punch, but it is very good. I will read more from this author and look forward to the movie since he has a hand in them. ( )
  Jen_Bartels | May 31, 2016 |
The narration of “Paper Towns” spends too much time in Quentin’s head, which, to be sure, is an entertaining place

John Greenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Frost, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Funfhausen, ChristianCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Miller, Dan JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And after, when we went outside to look at her finished lantern from the road, I said I liked the way her light shone through the face that flickered in the dark.
-"Jack O'Lantern," Katrina Vandenberg in Atlas
People say friends don't destroy one another What do they know about friends?
-"Game shows Touch Our Lives," The Mountain Goats
To Julie Strauss- Gabel, without whom none of this could have become real.
The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle.
Here's what's not beautiful about it: from here, you can't see the rust or the cracked paint or whatever, but you can tell what the place really is. You see how fake it all is. It's not even hard enough to be made of plastic. It's a paper town. I mean look at it, Q: look at all those cul-de-sacs, thoses streets that turn in on themselves, all the houses that were built to fall apart. All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm. All the paper kids drinking beer some bum bought for them at the paper convenience store. Everyone demented with the mania of owning things. All the things paper-thin and paper-frail. And all the people, too. I've lived here for eighteen years and I have never once in my life come across anyone who cares about anything that matters.
Margo was not a miracle. She was not a fine and precious thing. She was a girl.
I like finding stuff out about her. I mean, that I didn't know before. I had no idea who she really was. I honestly never thought of her as anything but my crazy beautiful friend who does all the crazy beautiful things.
What a treacherous thing it is to believe that a person is more than a person.
Nothing ever happens like you imagine it will," she says. "Yeah, that's true," I say. But then after I think about it for a second, I add, "But then again, if you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 014241493X, Paperback)

Two-time Printz Medalist John Green’s New York Times bestseller and Edgar Award nominee, now in paperback!

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge— he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues— and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:03 -0400)

One month before graduating from his Central Florida high school, Quentin "Q" Jacobsen basks in the predictable boringness of his life until the beautiful and exciting Margo Roth Spiegelman, Q's neighbor and classmate, takes him on a midnight adventure and then mysteriously disappears.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,772,428 books! | Top bar: Always visible