Paper Towns (Hardcover) by John Green…

Paper Towns (Hardcover) (edition 2008)

by John Green (Author)

Member:adarcang
Title:Paper Towns (Hardcover)
Authors:John Green (Author)
Info:Dutton Books (2008), Unknown Binding

Paper Towns by John Green

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (kathleen.morrow)
    Reality Check by Peter Abrahams (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: The search for someone missing, a girl friend (Reality Check) and an ideal girl (Paper Towns) becomes a voyage of self-discovery for high school boys in different mysteries, one dialogue-rich and character-driven, the other plot-driven and suspenseful.… (more)
    To Jaykae: Life Stinx by Jean Davies Okimoto (thesundaybookreport)
    Winter Town by Stephen Emond (faither)
    Looking for Alaska by John Green (chwiggy)
    The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson (FFortuna)
    Le Grand Meaulnes by Alain-Fournier (Cecilturtle)
    Cecilturtle: Dnas les deux on retrouve des locaux plus ou moins fictifs dans lesquels les personnages trouvent l'amour
    The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (chwiggy)
    Just One Day by Gayle Forman (FFortuna)
    Flash Burnout by L. K. Madigan (foggidawn)
    The Ashford Affair by Lauren Willig (FFortuna)
    FFortuna: "It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, full to bursting, and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined." - John Green
    Almost Perfect by Brian Katcher (Runa)
    Runa: Similar endings
    Freaks Like Us by Susan Vaught (Runa)
    As Simple As Snow by Gregory Galloway (Runa)

English (419)  Spanish (7)  Dutch (2)  German (2)  Italian (1)  All (431)
**spoiler alert** A million times better than the movie. The timeline in the book makes so much more sense. I like the themes in the book - the idea that although one can relate to someone, you'll never truly be able to understand someone 100% and the idea that people can look like they have it all together but that might not be true. ( )
  Kenzer24123 | Mar 25, 2017 |
While the characters, plot, and writing are all engaging, Green's novels never quite strike the chord I'm hoping for. Paper Towns was no exception; an intriguing mix of all, yet when the climax and finale hit, it just felt like someone played a wrong note. ( )
  LaPhenix | Mar 21, 2017 |
Summary: Two neighbors come together to seek revenge on those who have bullied them, and go out of their senior year with a bang. One night, Margo disappears, and it is up to Quentin and his two other friends to go find her. Margo leaves Quentin various clues that help them find her. Together they go on a wild goose chase, when they finally find Margo; she reveals that she never wanted to be found.

Personal Response: While I loved Looking for Alaska, I was so-so with this novel. I loved the adventure that the reader goes on trying to find Margo, and the various clues. The clues were the high point of the book. Sadly, I did not like how it ended. Margo revealing that she did not want to be found really threw me off. If she did not want to be found, then why leave these clues for Quentin. By the end of the novel I found myself wondering if I should have even read the book.

Curriculum Connection: This book would be great for those readers who never find “the right book.” Too often, students have a difficult time finding a book with adventure and real life events. This book would be a great introduction book for those students who need to just find a book and go. ( )
  Lisette25 | Feb 26, 2017 |
So much promise and such a let down. I'm so disappointed. This is the 2nd Green book that has crashed and burned for me. Thank goodess he redeemed himself so well with The Fault In Our Stars. ( )
  annabw | Feb 21, 2017 |
I enjoyed it. The main character is figuring out clues trying to find a girl. Everything is from his point of view. There aren't any major emotional moments, but it's great at just showing you life for the average upper middle class teen these days in an extraordinary storyline. It does refer to sex and stuff, but it isn't graphic. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
The narration of “Paper Towns” spends too much time in Quentin’s head, which, to be sure, is an entertaining place

John Greenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Frost, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Funfhausen, ChristianCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Miller, Dan JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And after, when we went outside to look at her finished lantern from the road, I said I liked the way her light shone through the face that flickered in the dark.
-"Jack O'Lantern," Katrina Vandenberg in Atlas
People say friends don't destroy one another What do they know about friends?
-"Game shows Touch Our Lives," The Mountain Goats
To Julie Strauss- Gabel, without whom none of this could have become real.
The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle.
Here's what's not beautiful about it: from here, you can't see the rust or the cracked paint or whatever, but you can tell what the place really is. You see how fake it all is. It's not even hard enough to be made of plastic. It's a paper town. I mean look at it, Q: look at all those cul-de-sacs, thoses streets that turn in on themselves, all the houses that were built to fall apart. All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm. All the paper kids drinking beer some bum bought for them at the paper convenience store. Everyone demented with the mania of owning things. All the things paper-thin and paper-frail. And all the people, too. I've lived here for eighteen years and I have never once in my life come across anyone who cares about anything that matters.
Margo was not a miracle. She was not a fine and precious thing. She was a girl.
I like finding stuff out about her. I mean, that I didn't know before. I had no idea who she really was. I honestly never thought of her as anything but my crazy beautiful friend who does all the crazy beautiful things.
What a treacherous thing it is to believe that a person is more than a person.
Nothing ever happens like you imagine it will," she says. "Yeah, that's true," I say. But then after I think about it for a second, I add, "But then again, if you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 014241493X, Paperback)

Two-time Printz Medalist John Green’s New York Times bestseller and Edgar Award nominee, now in paperback!

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge— he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues— and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:03 -0400)

One month before graduating from his Central Florida high school, Quentin "Q" Jacobsen basks in the predictable boringness of his life until the beautiful and exciting Margo Roth Spiegelman, Q's neighbor and classmate, takes him on a midnight adventure and then mysteriously disappears.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,907,299 books! | Top bar: Always visible