Monkeewrench by P. J. Tracy

Monkeewrench (2004)

by P. J. Tracy

Series: Monkeewrench (1)

English (38)  Dutch (2)  All languages (40)
Two sets of detectives in two states are dealing with murders that have them stymied. An elderly couple is shot to death in church and a series of murders are imitating a computer game with 20 murders to solve. The inventors of the game have no recorded past before ten years ago, so they are high on the list of suspects, but meanwhile, the perpetrator is making his or her way through the game's scenarios faster than law enforcement can respond adequately. ( )
  sleahey | Jul 25, 2016 |
4.5 Stars ( )
  Andrew-theQM | Jun 20, 2016 |
Haunted by a series of horrifying and violent episodes in their past, Grace McBride and the oddball crew of her software company, Monkeewrench, create a computer game where the killer is always caught, where the good guys always win. But their game becomes a nightmare when someone starts duplicating the fictional murders in real life, down to the last detail. This is a comfortable, fast-flowing read. Follow the investigation with Detective Magozzi, Detective Rolseth, and the Monkeewrench crew. It will spin you in circles, twist you around, have you adding suspects to your list, deleting suspects from your killer list. I enjoyed the story so much I went and got more to read. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jun 9, 2016 |
Short review: I loved this book. I loved the characters, the humor, the writing style. I have been reading this series totally out of order, this is the 4th I have read.

I'm very happy to have stumbled across this author and this series.
  lostkiwi | May 26, 2016 |
I thoroughly enjoyed Monkeewrench. It was a bit confusing in the beginning, as all the characters are introduced, and it jumps between the different story lines, but once I had the characters straight, I was hooked. Sure, some parts of the plot may not be entirely believable, but that didn't bother me at all. I had a hard time putting it down, and just zipped on through it. I very much look forward to reading more from this mother-daughter writing team. ( )
  Booklover889 | Mar 17, 2016 |

P. J. Tracyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schwaner, TejaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Edie and Don Hepler
We remember
The brandy had been absolutely essential.
U.S. Title: Monkeewrench
U.K. Title: Want To Play?

Great characters, I had to know what happens with Grace, Magotse and the team. When I finished this book I went and read all the others and am eagerly waiting for the next to be published. Towards the end I felt the baddy was a member of the team, despite being a little predictable I really enjoyed this book. As did most of my book club!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 045121157X, Mass Market Paperback)

People are dying for the new computer game by the software company Monkeewrench. Literally. With Serial Killer Detective out in limited release, the real-life murders of a jogger and a young woman have already mimicked the first two scenarios in the game.

But Grace McBride and her eccentric Monkeewrench partners are caught in a vise. If they tell the Minneapolis police of the link between their game and the murders, they'll shine a spotlight on the past they thought they had erased-and the horror they thought they'd left behind. If they don't, eighteen more people will die...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:01 -0400)

Grace MacBride and the team at her software company are horrified when events in their murder mystery computer game are replicated in the real world by a ruthless killer.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,506,082 books! | Top bar: Always visible