Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger

Chasing Harry Winston (edition 2008)

by Lauren Weisberger

1,685497,283 (3)23
A trio of best friends in Manhattan agree to change their lives in the most personal and dramatic way possible -- and within one calendar year.
Member:VJJ
Title:Chasing Harry Winston
Authors:Lauren Weisberger
Info:HarperCollins Publishers (2008), Paperback

Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger

English (44)  Italian (2)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (49)
A pleasant chick-lit about three friends whose lives aren't as perfect as others believe. Everything falls apart and they support each other as they rebuild. Leaning more towards drama than light-hearted. ( )
  Griffin22 | Dec 19, 2019 |
It took me a while to get into this book because it is yet another story about fabulous female friends in New York City who like to hang out with each other and discuss their sex lives. There are only three of them: one of them is a [b:control freak|665738|Control Freak|Christa Faust|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1176923519s/665738.jpg|3254], one of them sleeps with a lot of men, and one of them is itching to get married and have children (sounds a bit like Sex and the City sans Carrie Bradshaw doesn't it?). But once I got over that, I was hooked. The characters are flawed and interesting, not everything that happens to them is predictable, and I particularly liked how one of the characters was a high powered editor of high-brow literature who still enjoyed reading chick lit :) ( )
  akbooks | Sep 12, 2019 |
I really enjoy Weisbergers books. This one was a little hard to get into. After the first half it was entertaining and funny like the rest of her books, which was great. The funniest for me was the bird in the novel, he was adorable! ( )
  sszkutak | Sep 28, 2016 |
I gave this book a try a few years back. Something about the book made it difficult for me to get into. To be honest, I gave it a few tries and days but ultimately never finished the book. ( )
  Dream24 | Jan 6, 2016 |
God knows how I read this? My endless fascination about how women think perhaps? But honestly it is far from being good and is quite predictable as well - also none of the characters are to put it bluntly nice. I would hate to date any of them. ( )
  bashour | Dec 24, 2015 |

Lauren Weisbergerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Talvitie, TiinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Mike, with love
When Leigh's doorbell rang unexpectedly at nine on a Monday night, she did not think, Gee, I wonder who that could be.

From CD Case: Lauren Weisberger, the best-selling author of Everyone Worth Knowing, turned heads on the pop lit scene with The Devil Wears Prada, her hit debut. Chasing Harry Winston finds three glamorous Manhattan gal pals making a pact to positively refashion their lives--before hitting the big three-oh.

Emmy, Leigh, and Adriana--who've been best friends for a decade--have some very personal issues. Just as Emmy is poised to receive the engagement righ she's longed for, her boyfriend drops her for his flirtatious, young personal trainer. Leigh, an up-and-coming publishing house star, is in danger of having her career derailed by the literary world's grandest snob. And as for Brazilian bombshell Adriana, she must come to terms with the inevitability of her beauty's eventual fading. It's time for all three girls to seriously reassess their futures.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,612,865 books! | Top bar: Always visible