Fever by Robin Cook

Fever (1982)

by Robin Cook

713None13,252 (3.29)15
Recently added bydyanny66, Dureo, varunr, sailaab, readingray, Michael-Murphy, mlbelize, private library, Graziamanu, mQppa

English (3)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (5)
SUMMARY: Charles Martel is a brilliant cancer researcher who discovers that his own daughter is the victim of leukemia. The cause: a chemical plant conspiracy that not only promises to kill her, but will destroy him as a doctor and a man if he tries to fight it...With chilling accuracy and riveting suspense, Robin Cook portrays the struggle of one family searching for the truth from a corporation and a medical establishment all too willing to ignore the fate of one little girl... ( )
  Hans.Michel | Sep 13, 2013 |
I normally thoroughly enjoy Robin Cooks books but not this one I'm afraid. I found the characters unreal and the situation of Charles Martel 'kidnapping' his daughter in order to treat the child himself unbelievable. As always, the author's medical knowledge and insights are superb but everything that happens to the poor Martel family including the 'stake-out' by the police outside their home is too far-fetched to be taken seriously. ( )
  Heptonj | Dec 15, 2009 |
Of all the modern thrillers I have read, Robin Cook was the one I enjoyed. This is because of in most of the book he left the end to the reader's imagination. My favorite by him is Toxin.

Fever is not so good. ( )
  shefukul | Sep 27, 2006 |

Robin Cookprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Heinonen, MarjaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the joy of my family--
it began with my parents,
now shared with my wife.
A cold January morning tentatively fingered its way over the frigid landscape of Shaftesbury, New Hampshire.

Charles Martel is a brilliant cancer researcher who discovers that his own daughter is the victim of leukemia. The cause: a chemical plant conspiracy that not only promises to kill her, but will destroy him as a doctor and a man if he tries to fight it...With chilling accuracy and riveting suspense, Robin Cook portrays the struggle of one family searching for the truth from a corporation and a medical establishment all too willing to ignore the fate of one little girl.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,462,005 books! | Top bar: Always visible