Dare to Discipline by James Dr Dobson

Dare to Discipline (edition 1982)

by James Dr Dobson

1,021414,913 (3.77)None
Advises parents to reject the permissive approach to raising children and advocates a program that combines love and discipline.
Member:rhysllwyd
Title:Dare to Discipline
Authors:James Dr Dobson
Info:Bantam (1982), Edition: Reissue, Paperback

Dare to Discipline by James C. Dobson

Love this, all parents that want to raise their children in a Biblical, loving parent style should read this. ( )
  Penny01966 | Oct 7, 2013 |
Dr. Dobson does an excellent job of demonstrating to parents the importance of discipline and how it shapes impressionable children and adolescents into responsible young adults. This is not simply a book about to spank or not to spank (which Dr. Dobson is in favor of, under specific disciplinary conditions) but it also discusses topics like restriction and discretion with regard to toys and media, in order to help children gain more out their short youth. If you are at all interested on how to encourage good behavior and obedience in children and adolescents in a disciplined yet caring environment-- this book is for you. ( )
  khoal | Aug 18, 2011 |
Children need love, trust, affection--and discipline. From one generation to the next, the challenge of helping children into responsible adults doesn’t change. Dr. Dobson’s classic Dare to Discipline, a practical, reassuring guide for caring parents, has sold over 2 million copies since its release in 1970. What gives a book that kind of staying power? The ability to meet a real, felt need in the marketplace. Today, a whole new generation of parents is turning to Dr. Dobson’s wise counsel. Some things never change.
  BethanyBible | Jan 18, 2010 |
Many people are determined to vilify James Dobson for his parenting advise. Seems to me they do not read his works trying to hear what he is saying. I found this book very helpful in knowing when a spanking could be effective and when NOT to spank. Reading this actually reduced my inclination to spank because it gave me strict guidelines and advised me to look at my children's heart, not just their actions. ( )
  MrsLee | Apr 5, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,925,511 books! | Top bar: Always visible